PDA

View Full Version : I am so thrilled

set81616
07-18-2006, 12:00 PM
I just found out that the long awaited baby my friends were just placed with was left at a safe haven. I am so happy for my friends to finally have a child and to know that this baby was safe because the birth mom had a place to take her.
Shannon

octmom
07-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Congratulations to your friends on their new baby!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

bunnisa
07-18-2006, 12:49 PM
How wonderful! Congratulations to your friends. Was it one of those situations where they had almost no warning? A friend of mine has had two adoptions where she was contacted less than 2 days in advance! Makes for a pretty exciting transition to parenthood! :)

Bethany
blessed wife and mama to two!

"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-Justin Torres

Jenn98
07-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Oh Yippie Skippie!!! I'm so happy for your friends and the baby and I'm glad the birth mom did the right thing by taking the baby to a safe haven. Yeah, everyone wins!!

trumansmom
07-18-2006, 03:24 PM
That's wonderful! It's too bad those "safe havens" are so rarely used.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

set81616
07-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Yes. They were given @4 days.

alexsmommy
07-18-2006, 07:43 PM
I wish more overwhelmed, scared, unsupported new birth moms knew about safe havens. We had a case here were a mother was being sought after b/c she left her newborn in the (heated) entryway to a church - but not an "approved" safe haven. There was so much backlash from the public the police backed down. To be so desparate that you need to leave your newborn somewhere has got to leave a woman out of her mind. I give that lady credit for finding a church with a heated entry. Congrats to your friends and best of luck on their new foray into parenthood.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

Lucia
07-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Congratulations to your friends! Adoption is truly a wonderful way to build a family. The birthmother will be in my thoughts and prayers today. I hope all goes smoothly for your friends with the remainder of the adoption process and that they are enjoying this special family time.