PDA

View Full Version : When do you shop for Halloween Costumes?

hbridge
07-21-2006, 11:11 AM
I was cleaning out some fall/winter clothes to take to consignment and I came accross my DD's Halloween Costume from last year. Since it's from BabyStyle, I hesitate to take it to consignment where I will probably only get a few dollars for it. I'm tempted to e-bay it, but don't know when I should post it. So I'm hoping to get some feedback so I have an idea as to when people shop.

As for me, I always plan ahead and usually make a final decision in early September.

bcky2
07-21-2006, 11:36 AM
i said beg-mid oct but i have been looking already on ebay. it is just that the costumes i want for my boys total 80 bucks and i wont pay that for them :)

aguinn
07-21-2006, 01:40 PM
funny, i was just thinking about this this morning. i keep wishing that lands end would start selling costumes again. i got the green dragon one for BB when he was just over a year old, and then last year they didn't have them for sale and i was bummed! they're such great costumes! LB will be the green dragon this year, but no idea what BB will (want to?) be this year. maybe he won't care for one more year and i'll get to pick again!

ETA: i start looking in early september, usually order by early october.

;)amy
momma to DS#1 "Big Brother" (BB) and, finally, DS#2 "Little Brother" (LB)

http://b3.lilypie.com/Eygrm4/.png[/img][/url]
http://b1.lilypie.com/ur0Am4/.png[/img][/url]

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see." ~ Neil Postman

pampamz
07-21-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm already on the lookout.

rlu
07-21-2006, 06:04 PM
I voted September, but we'll probably piece his costume together in October. 2004 I bought his costume in September, but in 2005 we pieced together a pirate costume from Goodwill items in October. This year we think he'll be a cowboy so I'm on the lookout now (plus need to make a "saddle" for the dog) but probably won't get serious until Sept. Also waiting to see if he has a preference this year.