PDA

View Full Version : San Diego mamas...odd request!

spencersmommy
07-22-2006, 01:31 PM
We are going to SD in a few weeks for vacation and want to cut our son's hair. It'll be his first haircut, and there aren't any kid haircutting places near us. I really want to go to a kid place (he's very wiggly, and plus his older brother went to one and I'm kind of anal about making these first few years "even" for them) and he really needs a haircut (how many more times will people ask us if we're growing the mullet on purpose!). So, I know it's an odd request, but do any of you SD mamas know of a place? We're staying with my sis, but she doesn't have any kids yet, so she's not in the know. THANKS! :-)

DDowning
07-22-2006, 02:02 PM
You didn't say where in SD you were staying but I did a quick search and see Kids Cuts and Curls has locations in both Encinitas (coastal) and Escondido (inland). I'm not in SD (live in South OC) but I have taken DS to the location where I am and have been fairly satisfied.

kozachka
07-22-2006, 02:24 PM
DS had his hair cut for the first time about a year ago in a salon that specializes on kids hair but for some reason I can't find it on Yahoo Yellow pages. It's in a small mall on Carmel Country Rd., off Del Mar Height Rg. East exit. I'll post the name and number later if I remember it. DS sat in a small car while stylist was cutting his hair. The cut looked great and DS even got a certificate with a bit of his hair in a plastic bag attached to it. Was totally worth $15 plus tip it cost us. We took pictures of DS for his passport right after that (and Costco was the best place for those, we tried two other before to no avail).

ETA: to remove info that after a check proved incorrect

jeminaal
07-22-2006, 03:18 PM
My DS goes to Chloe's Carousel in the Carmel Mountain Ranch area of San Diego. DS is very, very wiggly and does not like having his hair cut, yet they do a great job with him.

I sent you a PM with the phone number and more info about the salon. HTH!

Jeanette
(formerly known as jeanmick, member since Feb 2003)

DD Born Christmas Eve
DS Born Valentine's Day

essnce629
07-22-2006, 10:39 PM
We go to Little Locks in La Jolla and love love love it! Conner always asks about when can we go to the "haircut place." They have a Thomas train table there for the kids to play with and the kids sit in little play cars to get their hair cut. They can also pick out a DVD to play while getting their hair cut (Conner always asks for Thomas). They have two bunnies there as well and the front part of the store is a toy store. Here's a website that talks about it:
http://www.circle-of-friends.com/feature_littlelocksCA.aspx

***Latia
Birth and Postpartum Doula

Conner 8/19/03 (homebirthed water baby)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Self-weaned at 24 months!

spencersmommy
07-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Wow, thank you! That helps! My sister lives in Mission Valley, right in the middle of everything, and we don't mind driving around to get to a place. Thanks, I can't wait to go!