PDA

View Full Version : Entertaining 3.5 month old during a class

billysmommy
08-14-2006, 11:22 AM
I am taking a class this weekend for when I go back to work. I'm really excited about it, it is a women's health PT class focusing on pre/postnatal exercise programs, pelvic floor issues and infant massage. The class and instructor are very infant-friendly, you may bring infants as long as they are not crawling. And they only allow 20 people at the most. It is very interactive, some lecturing and some videos but alot of moving around as well.

It is for 3 days and goes from 8-5 every day with quite a few 10-15 minute breaks and an hour for lunch. I am planning on bringing my sling, Benjamin's little "kick-house" (what we call they thing we bring to the beach - it's up off the ground and zips closed - it's by Fisher Price) and will have his car seat and stroller in the car if needed. Any ideas of anything else I should bring?

I'm not too worried about it because if they encourage you to bring your infants then they expect some crying but I want to minimize it as much as possible. Thanks for any help/advice :)

brittone2
08-14-2006, 01:42 PM
I would think the sling would be a a big help but it sounds like you are already planning on that. Maybe they'll use him during the massage portion to demonstrate :)

No advice, but have a wonderful time. If I was still working I'd be VERY interested in a class like this :) We need more PTs out there educated on women's health...so many women here and elsewhere have incontinence, etc. after childbirth and I don't think many physicians are aware of physical therapy as an option.

Anyway, I wish you luck and I hope that you enjoy your class!

billysmommy
08-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks :) He is going to be the "massagee" (is that a word?), one of the reasons they encourage you to bring your infants :)

This is a topic that has always interested me but I never worked anywhere that really had the clientele to develop something. I now work with DH (a chiro) and we have 2-3 OB's who refer to him/us and have told us that they would love for us to develop a program for their patients as there is a huge need (as you said :) ). I am planning on going back to work 1 day/week this fall sometime to get this up and running and then we will hire as needed. I'm hoping this class is as interesting as it sounds.