PDA

View Full Version : Arbonne cosmetics?

icunurse
08-14-2006, 12:40 PM
I've been invited to a party for Arbonne Cosmetics and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it? They claim to be all-natural and safe products, which intrigues me. I have problem skin and DS has sensitive skin, so I'm wondering if their products would be good for either of us. If you've tried them - what do you like?

http://www.arbonne.com/products/

Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting (and waiting) for another baby!

o_mom
08-14-2006, 12:58 PM
SIL sells them, so we have used the baby stuff. It smells really nice and does what it says, but beyond that, I can't say. The kids aren't particularly sensitive, but SIL says it does wonders for that. You could try the baby wash and lotion without too much invested. The gift pack isn't worth it IMO - the oil is a PITA and we never used all the sunscreen, rash cream or rejuvinating cream.

niccig
08-14-2006, 01:22 PM
My SIL sells it too. We used their baby stuff when DS was little, but I then moved on to other things that are cheaper and I think worked better with DS, but that's just my opinion. I do use their face products for me, as they work with my dry skin. I am looking for other options because of cost, but the cleanser and moisturizer have measured amounts and I have found that they last a while. I'm just finishing the cleanser that I bought 6 months ago. So, they may be cost-effective. I just haven't sat down and worked out the numbers.

Nicci

Rachels
08-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Best stuff I've ever used, hands down.

-Rachel
Mama to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

and Ethan James
10/19/05
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/bf.jpg

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya

brittone2
08-14-2006, 01:32 PM
I went to a friend's Arbonne party when I was first getting into more natural products (before DS was born). Overall, I liked the products, but my honest opinion is that they are very expensive and not as natural as they'd have you believe. They do routinely contain parabens for example, and if I'm going to shell out that kind of money, I'd rather skip them. There were some other ingredients I found questionable in a natural product, although I can't remember what. Of course, lots of the more natural products you can find at Whole Foods, etc. contain some ingredients I'd rather avoid at that price.

I won two baby products (I was pg at the time). I did use them w/ DS, they smelled great, but in retrospect I wouldn't buy them. Again, I'm pretty sure they had parabens, and (I think it was the baby lotion) some of the products had nut oils, like macademia nut oil. THere's been some concern that children's products containing nut oils might provoke or sensitize kids to allergies. If I remember right though, I read somewhere that they were going to reformulate their baby products so that they no longer contained nut oils. So, just something to check if it is something you'd prefer to avoid.

Overall, I think they make good products, but my personal opinion is that for the price, you can find better and more natural alternatives (check out skin deep's website http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep2/ if you decide to look into alternatives). I don't think they "rate" Arbonne products, but you can look into ingredients and see what they have to say about them if you are curious (I assume Arbonne has ingredients listed on their website)

ETA: my son had very sensitive skin when he was a young infant and he did fine w/ Arbonne from that standpoint. Also, I've read several times here and on other boards that people had good luck using Arbonne products with their eczema-prone kids, and I think even one mama (maybe from this board?) had her pediatrician recommend Arbonne for her child's eczema.

karolyp
08-14-2006, 01:57 PM
I've used the acne products and they are okay. The smelled really nice and didn't dry up my skin like proactiv does. But it didn't really control my breakouts - sigh...

lisams
08-14-2006, 02:05 PM
I once looked into their products and learned that they really aren't as natural as they say they are. I have a hard time trusting a company that tries to mislead their consumers, so I never looked further into them. I then went on to research mineral make-up and discovered that is the safest/all-natural that I could find.

I've heard many people say they really like the products, but if you're specifically looking for all-natural, you may want to ask for the exact list of inredients.

Oregonmother
08-14-2006, 03:45 PM
I have a friend that sells it and I used it for a few days and it made me break out. The products I used seemed to heavy for my skin and made my skin oily. Not sure which ones I tried, but it was I think, a 6 step program. I didn't end up purchasing anything. It seemed veery expensive to me too. Just for comparison, I usually use Clinique's 3 step program and it works well for me.

maestramommy
08-14-2006, 03:47 PM
I've only tried the sunscreen, which I got for DD. I like it! It's quite expensive though ($23 with tax!) so I'm assuming the other products are also pricier than anything you buy OTC.

deenass
08-14-2006, 05:51 PM
I use the cleanser and really like it (the one in the orange bottle ...). I believe they havea money back guarantee as well.

jasabo
08-15-2006, 01:19 AM
I've tried a few of their products and haven't been impressed at all, especially considering the prices - they're WAY expensive. They have a 5 or 6 step face cleansing system which I tried - I didn't think the results were any different then what I'd been doing before....and honestly, I just don't have the time or desire to do a 5 step cleansing system, twice a day.

I also heard that they were being investigated by the FDA for claims they were making about their estrogen cream - false advertising - though I don't remember specifics.

That said, I have a friend who uses their stuff and loves it. So I guess it depends on the person and how much you're willing to spend :)

julieakc
08-15-2006, 01:56 AM
I just went to a party yesterday! The stuff seems pretty good, but it is pricey although if the stuff does last around 6 months as the consultant claims it might not be that bad of a deal.

Even before reading some of the replies here I was questioning (in my own mind) how natural the stuff really is.....I'm going to look into that.

This coming Sunday I am hosting a Sensaria party and it looks like their stuff may be more natural....you might want to check them out too. www.sensaria.com

I do want to start using some good skin care products so I'm doing a little comparison and research on both of these companies myself.