PDA

View Full Version : toddler computers?

kristine_elen
08-14-2006, 01:41 PM
My son is just getting into computers but I'd prefer that he have his own instead of using ours. I don't really want to go buy a whole new computer for him. Are there any good ones out there that are made for toddlers but that don't have obnoxious games pre-programmed in them, or that can at least be loaded with educational games? I'm a bit clueless on this. Any advice would be great.
Thanks!

Momof3Labs
08-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Can you mooch an older computer off of a friend or family member? You can barely give away older computers these days; they are hard to get rid of! So perhaps someone could send one your way.

Toba
08-14-2006, 03:24 PM
We bought him his own "little person" computer, one that was geared for an older age range than he's in ... you know what? He could care less. He still wants *my* computer. We have several computers in the house that will do, the problem is space for them (my office is being renovated). His favorite thing in the world is to sit in the Apple store and play with their kid games ... he'd do it for hours if we let him. With both parents being self-professed computer geeks, it's only fitting that my toddler is way too into computers already. ;)

I would suggest trying to find him an older computer. They sell toddler games (which are educational: letters, numbers, colors, etc.) even in places like Target now. Just in my experience ... my toddler would rather have the "real" thing. LOL

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

cbm
08-14-2006, 04:55 PM
I agree with using an older computer. That is what we have done.
We didn't bother with the kid's version because we knew it wouldn't be the same for DS.
Just be warned that no matter what, your computer will always be more interesting :-).

Claudia
DS 12/18/04