PDA

View Full Version : Would appreciate Ebay help, please.

Hippoharbor
08-14-2006, 06:55 PM
I am going to attempt, for the first time, to sell some of Ds's clothes on ebay (last winter's items). I have ~50 pieces, with all items being "designer" brands, majority Ralph Lauren, along with Gymboree, Janie and Jack and gap.
My question is: Should I try to sell everything in one auction or should I break it up into individual items/outfits?

Thanks. Wish me luck! (I feel sort of guilty that I won't be taking my usual haul to Goodwill, but I am also excited/anxious to see how much profit I can make on ebay).

Michelle

heidiann
08-14-2006, 07:17 PM
This is just my opinion but when I buy off of e-bay I like to buy either a single outfit or sometimes maybe 2 or 3 outfits at a time. I am really not big into buying "lots" of clothes but of course thats just me.
You do save money on listing fees if you list a few outfits together as opposed to one outfit at a time.

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

cmo
08-14-2006, 07:21 PM
I'd vote for somewhere in between. Perhaps you could break your items/outfits into groups of 2-4 per lot? When I shop ebay, I like to find small lots, because it feels like I'm getting my money's worth on the shipping. Group the outfits that are similar: casual with casual, dressy with dressy, or maybe some outfits that could be mix & matched might work well. Good luck to you!

tarynsmum
08-14-2006, 08:06 PM
I personally would rather buy by outfit (but then I'm really picky). I almost always skip over the big lots because it always seems like they're full of cheap brands. I think you would end up with more profit if you broke it up (even after the selling fees). But that's just my opinion.

madelinesmom
08-14-2006, 09:47 PM
I also like to buy outfits, but if you are going to do a lot of clothes I suggest putting all the Janie and Jack together, Gymbo together, etc. I hate it when someone has a lot of crappy stuff and stick in one Ralph Lauren that is adorable. Good Luck
Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

spanannie
08-14-2006, 11:23 PM
I think it's much more lucretive to post separate outfits. It's a lot more hassle, but you'll make more $.

VClute
08-15-2006, 07:11 AM
Actually, this largely depends on what SIZES you're selling. Smaller sizes (0-9 months) do better in lots. 12 months (though this is arguable in the Ebay community) and up do better as outfits. If you sell a lot, it is nice to have several pictures of the outfits included in the lot. Also, you want to make sure that you're selling in the right season. Did you have a winter baby? If so, get those little things listed NOW. In January, start listing your spring and summer stuff. All this guidance (and more!) can be found in the Ebay communities. Check the Childrens Clothing Boutique boards.

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05