PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick help --- flying in 2 days -- car seat question

chiqanita
08-14-2006, 08:19 PM
So we're flying after all, restrictions not as bad as we thought.

We are considering checking our Britax Marathon car seats. On the way out DSx2 would not and could not be put into them without some major fussing. I'm talking physical and screaming. I held one DS and DH held the other DS all the way out, one slept and the other watched a DVD and played. Now that we're headed home we're considering checking the seats since we won't be using them, have enough to carry as it is.

I know it is safer with car seat. I purchased a seat for each DS for that reason, to use the car seat but you just don't know how difficult the it was. We just want to get home with our minds in and bodies intact!

Questions
1. Do I need one of those car seat cases to check it with my luggage?

2. Has anyone checked a car seat without the carrying case and still have no damage?

I appreciate any help mamas.

mariza
08-14-2006, 09:26 PM
There was a recent thread on the car seat board, I would suggest doing a search there. Long story short, I would not check a car seat at the ticket counter. If I had to I'd check it at the gate, but even then I would be hesitant.
I've worked in airport for about 10 years and things do get beat up. Things can fall (off of belt systems, off of luggage carts, etc.) they can have heavy bags piled on top of them, get run over by moving vehicles if they fall off of any of the above, or they can get lost. I am a big fan of the GoGo Kidz wheels, if they are in your budget I'd highly recommend it, it makes getting through the airport much easier.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1"
and soon to arrive "Thing 2"

chiqanita
08-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks for replying.
Things got so busy at the end of our trip I wasn't able to log on so I didn't read your post in time. We ended up checking our things curbside because inside OHare was CRAZY! I did buy a couple of covers at BRUS that worked out really well. Thank goodness our Marathons were returned to us without any apparent damage. The car seat bags however were completely scraped along the bottoms. I don't think I would've checked them if I had read your post before hand.
Thanks again.