PDA

View Full Version : Idea for gift MILs 60th b-day

BargainMomforLuke
08-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Help!!! My MILs 60th b-day is coming up in less than a week and I need some unique ideas for gifts (we're whisking her away on a surprise cruise this weekend, courtesy of my FIL). Does anyone have any unique ideas? TIA!

Natalie

saschalicks
08-14-2006, 09:02 PM
I gave this to my mom and step-MIL recently my mom really loves it: http://www.kennebugboutique.com/cat_grandmother.cfm

Jen841
08-15-2006, 07:44 PM
I did this for Father's Day, and a similar one for Grandpa. iprint made it on a mug that is adorable. The key I found with a mug is to keep the pictures in the center of the picture if possible.

Fairy
08-15-2006, 07:53 PM
I just bought something for my mom's 60th today, as a matter of fact! We did one of those gold cameo-like silhouettes of a boy's profile with DS's name and birthdate on it with a gold chain. My grandmother wore one of all her grandchildren all the time, and I thought my mom might like it for this big birthday. Not cheap, but honestly, not terribly expensive for a very special birthday. You could definitely do the pendant for $50 and the chain for somewhere around there, depending on the grade of gold. We went with 14 carat for the pendant and 10 carat for the chain to save a little $$, plus it's sturdier due to the alloys in 10 carat.

dms619
08-15-2006, 09:58 PM
How about a massage or make-over at the ship's spa? We did this for my mom for her 65th b-day.

Debbie
Mommy to sweet baby Katie