PDA

View Full Version : Best B-Day Giveaways your DC has received?

WooChx
08-15-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm planning DD's 2nd b-day party and I'm stuck trying to figure out what would be a good giveaway. I really don't want to spend my money on junky toys from the dollar store that will get thrown away in a day. I'm trying to think of something more creative. Some idea's where custom t-shirts or personalized m&m's (may be choking hazard?).

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

kelly ann
08-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Is their a specific theme to your party? I have given away board books (Elmo books for a Elmo theme) and Mary Meyer bears (for a teddy bear picnic theme). Those were the ones that got the best response.

I like the idea of customized t-shirts. However, if you have a lot of kids, then it may be alot of work and coordination. I would vote against M&Ms...even my 3 year has yet to eat one (I know that isn't typical though).

Lovingliv
08-15-2006, 02:12 PM
We got a beach bucket filled with towel, toy boat, and bubbles! We also like board books!
We gave away stickers and books for the older kids and the younger kids got sippy cups! HTH

firstbaby
08-15-2006, 02:48 PM
I am not sure how many kids are invited, but bubbles, board books or small box puzzles would all be great!

dules
08-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Books! Or art supplies, crayons and the like. These have been our favorites.

Best,
Mary

C99
08-15-2006, 03:57 PM
The best one we got was one of those whirly-gig things on a plastic stick. We still have it nearly 2 years later.

I gave out $2 Baskin Robbins gift certificates for Rose's party this year and not to toot my own horn, but I think that's a great one, too. (I got the idea from Marci (macassi).)

jbowman
08-15-2006, 04:35 PM
That's a great idea, Caroline, b/c then you don't have *more* stuff in your house!

To the OP--we gave away animal cracker boxes bundled with a little toy at Ellie's first birthday party. For her second birthday, I put a can of Playdoh and some cutters in a clear gift bag. It was really cheap, and looked very festive! I bought a big Playdoh set and divided it into 10 gift bags.

mum1day
08-15-2006, 07:32 PM
I gave Crocodile Creek placemats away as a gift and they were a hit, I think!

Jenn98
08-15-2006, 09:47 PM
I gave a little bag tied at the top with a ribbon and inside was bubbles, a juice drink and Goldfish crackers - everything you need for an afternoon at the park! I like the idea of giving things you can use instead of things like small toys to add to the clutter - someone here suggested it, but I don't remember who.

Oregonmother
08-15-2006, 10:07 PM
I gave away the rectangle size buckets of Crayola sidewalk chalk (I think 18 ct.)with a balloon tied to the handle. I wrote each childs name on a rectangle shaped piece of construction paper cut to fit the lid and decorated it with stickers and then taped it to the lid. They we're a hit.

spanannie
08-15-2006, 10:13 PM
A puppet! All of the kids adored them, regardless of age. The ones my kids received were animal puppets bought in big packs from Costco.

They currently have 4 packs of boy and girl puppets by Manhattan Toy at Costco for $12 each. Since we loved the puppet party favors so much, I decided to buy them ahead for DD's party next year.

tiapam
08-15-2006, 11:23 PM
If you decide to go with a stuffed toy or puppet, check out:

http://halfpriceplush.com/index.html

I think the purses are cute, too. Can't say I would be thrilled if DD got another just plain stuffed animal.

Today I bought DD (22 months) a couple of small sticker books. She hasn't played with them yet because they are for a trip. They are made by a company called Sandylion (www.sandylion.com) but I don't actually see these exact things on there. They do say 2004 so maybe they don't make them anymore. But they have some other cool things.

Dover Publications is another publisher of these types of books. You can see the children's section here:
http://store.doverpublications.com/by-subject-children.html
The type of book I am talking about is under Dover Little Activity Books. Click on there and then click Sticker Activity Books on the new menu that appears on the left. But there is lots more to see there. Check out the American Family of the 1980s Paper Dolls:
http://store.doverpublications.com/0486430529.html

HTH.

-Pam

DD - One year old!

WooChx
08-16-2006, 08:28 AM
These are some fantastic idea's THANKS!!

niccig
08-16-2006, 03:06 PM
We did art supplies. I got packs of crayons, colouring books and stickers each for $1 at Micheals. I then split 2 buckets of big sidewalk chalk (about $2 a bucket) between the bags.

Another good idea is balls. Toys R Us has 10" diameter balls for $1. We had DS's party at the park and we bought a few balls for extra play activities.

Nicci

rlu
08-16-2006, 06:22 PM
We got a bucket with bubbles once - definitely a hit here as well.

We gave balls at DS 2nd b-day.

Twin Mom
08-16-2006, 10:39 PM
I hope my Costco has these. I've been looking for an idea for my upcoming twins b-day giveaway. I want to do one larger item rather than a bunch of small things and no candy. This may be it!!

Thanks.