PDA

View Full Version : Kinda stupid inkjet printer question: Use of the word PHOTO

JMS
08-15-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm researching a new inkjet (not an all-in-one though) and it seems like almost all of them have the word "Photo" in the title. However, I really won't be using it to print photos but do want to print color (but I'm not the market for a color laser, financially). Sooooooo, my question is whether there is really such a thing anymore as a non-photo inkjet printer? Or is this a non-issue: basically I should just buy the photo printer and it doesn't matter than I'm printing documents and not photos?

TIA!

BillK
08-15-2006, 02:56 PM
It's pretty much a non-issue. Most photo printers will print graphics and such fine - you will notice that some of them are painfully slow when printing text though (like Word Documents). All my Canons are woefully slow at printing letters but they blaze through the printing of photos - who'da thunk it?!

If you're only worried about printing text - don't spend too much (<$100) for an inkjet. Perhaps look to see how much the replacement cartridges cost and base your decision off of that?

JMS
08-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks Bill.
When I was typing my post I actually thought to myself, I hope BillK responses b/c he always seems to know so much computer-related stuff. :)

I'm basically doing exactly what you said: comparing prices of ink, considering reviews and deals and spending less than $100.
Thanks again for the clarification!

BillK
08-15-2006, 03:26 PM
You're welcome - always happy to help! :)