PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Stay in Austin Texas by Lake Travis?

ChefGirl
08-15-2006, 04:16 PM
We are going to a wedding in October in Vintage Villas in Austin by Lake Travis. The hotel rates at VV are a bit steep for just a regular hotel room. For all of you who live in or close by Austin, any suggestions on where to stay for the weekend? The wedding will be at Eck Lane, half mile off of RR 620. We will be taking our DS (3) and DD(1) with us on the trip.

I would really appreciate some suggetions.

Thanks.

BaileyBea
08-15-2006, 04:46 PM
What price range would you like to stay in? Just wondering because a lot of things by Lake Travis are pricey. But if you won't mind staying at the Arboretum Area 183 & 360 area it's much more affordable.

What would you like in an accomindation? Suite? Kitchen etc....

Are you planning on doing anything else while in Austin?

writermama
08-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Mountain Star Lodge is 7 miles down the road from VV. They used to be somewhat less expensive than VV, but that was many years ago.

http://www.mountainstarlodge.com/index.html

HTH,

BaileyBea
08-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Here's a link to Hotels by Lake Travis:

http://www.laketravis.com/hotels.htm

I have stayed at Lakeway Inn before. I thought it was nice.

If these are too expenisive I suggest looking at other hotels closer in the city but yet on the Northwest part of town. If this is the case then let me know.

ChefGirl
08-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Thanks for your input. I will look up those links today. We prefer a suite with kitchen. It's a lunch time wedding so we are hoping to do something after their nap on Saturday. I wonder if we should leave Friday afternoon. I should look up to see if there is an UT game that weekend. Of course we probably won't make it to the game, with two toddlers. I don't think so.

We will probably go to the WF and Central Mkt. I want to stop by San Marcus. But, my kids would rather play than go shopping.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

BaileyBea
08-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Okay Hotels. Here are a few w/Kitchens in NW Austin with the exception of Homestead Suites which is Downtown. If there is a game that weekend chances are you won't be able to find a hotel downtown. And traffic will be crazy, so you may not want to stay downtown.

I concentrated on those Suites in the Arboretum/ Captial of Texas Hwy 360 area because it's close to 183, MoPac, 360, and 620. It's a quick drive to Central Market and the new Whole Foods. There is a Whole Foods on 360 too. Just an FYI.

1) Bradford Homesuites - In the Arboretum area:
10001 N. Capital of Texas Hwy Austin, TX 78759 Nightly Rates: ($99.00 - $159.00)

2) Homestead Suites:
Homestead Studio Suites Austin - Downtown -Town Lake
507 S. First St. Austin, TXÂ 78704 Telephone: 512-476-1818

3) Amerisuites
There is one on Tudor in the Arboretum Area

4) Candlewood Suites - NW Austin
9701 Stonelake (NW - Also in Arboretum Area)

5) Townplace Suites by Marriot 10024 Capital of Texas Highway Austin, TX 78759

Did you know...
There's a new outlet mall in Round Rock? On I-35 and the Westinghouse exit. They just opened up two weeks ago. Google Prime Outlets Round Rock.

In the Arboretum area there is an Amy's Ice Cream for the kids and they can go play by the cows outside of Amy's. There is also a Barnes and Nobel where they can play w/the train table.

Other things... RadiJazz.. www.radijazz.com A giant foam playground for the kids.

Other than that you may want to look up the recent posts on Austin. Have fun.
HTH