PDA

View Full Version : Those who had irritable uterus, relapse AFTER pg, onset by AF

JulieL
08-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Ok, right now I'm so frustrated I'm about to burst into tears. If anyone remembers I had a pregnancy complicated by irritable uterus. Much like Tara I contracted nonstop. I was on bedrest for 8 weeks, ended up delivering at exactly 36wks 1 day after I was taken off all the drugs to surpress labor.

Forward onto more currently. I had some spotting about 8 wks pp with no problems that lasted a couple of days. Then the next time I had any bleeding was about 8 weeks ago a very mild bleeding of one day a couple days of spotting, no problems. Well a week ago I started cramping, was sure AF was on her way and swore I could feel tightening deep inside. I figured maybe because of an over sensitive uterus that I could feel it. Then it went away no AF. Well monday night I slept horrible with some lower back pain, to wake up yesterday and stared AF, bleeding pretty good but normal for my body. I was fine the whole day then in the evening I started to get cramps and as I walked into the kitchen around seven, I stopped in my tracks and my body started to "contract", my stomach muscles completely tightened on my body and I could feel strain from neck to foot. Well this went on for two hours last night. It went away, great, now this morning I'm on hour number two of abdominal tightening, sometimes hard enough to make it hard to breath. I called the dr and am waiting for a nurse to call me.

I'm SOOOOOOOO upset I can't even explain how upset I am. I contracted PG for upwards of 10 hours a day. I thought having the baby was the solution. I guess my uterus is just screwed up and giving my body the wrong signals. Anyone else have this happen? I figure not, as no body warned me of an onset with a period. I'm so perplexed and ANGRY. Angry that my body won't behave. Angry that I'm gonna have to go the doctor (who is great) just for people AGAIN, say boy that is strange. I'm really scared that I'll have to have a hysterectomy. I mean I can't go on birth control the rest of my life to make this not happen again. I have a family to take care of.

This is a partial vent, but more of a plee to ask has anyone heard of such a thing. If I had read this online I'd think the person was making it up... :( Anyway any thoughts on the matter would be great.

megs4413
08-16-2006, 09:11 AM
I had irritable uterus with DD and have it again with this pregnancy. what you are describing is what my periods were like BEFORE i had my first child...it got better for me post partum....

i was always told i probably had endometriosis, but you have to have surgery to find out for sure and i was just too scared...i'm sorry you're going to have to go to the doc...make sure they do everything they can to find you an answer...not just a physical exam, and oral, but blood work..have your hormone levels checked....

how far pp are you? it seems like the infrequent periods could also contribute to severe af cramping...i don't know how old your youngest is...but 8 weeks between periods seems like a long time...I'm with you on the birth control pills..they were always offered to me as the solution, but i just can't stand them...i'll never be on bc...

i'm sorry you're dealing with this...i dont think you're making it up! i hope the doc can give you an answer and a solution soon!

TaChapm
08-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Oh no!!! Don't tell me it comes back. We've paid our dues. :)

Seriously...Could you possibly have endometriosis or some type of tubal disease or PCOS? My fertility problems were from our PCOS and unexplained tubal disease. I always had a lot of pain with my cycles to the point where it would literally make me sick. I guess it was something that I never really though about since it has always been there but if you didn't have it before and have it now I would get it checked out.

Hope you feel better soon!

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
Tyler William 6-9-05
Baby Jaci...Due September 5, 2006!

http://b4.lilypie.com/gzWfm8.png

http://b2.lilypie.com/sJmVm7.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/UEZ3m8.png

dules
08-16-2006, 02:54 PM
I agree with this - definitely get it checked out and insist that they investigate things like endometriosis, undiagnosed infections, etc. etc. - don't let the dr just say "well that's weird".

Some women with this kind of issue do really well on the Pill and other forms of BC - not sure why you say this would make you unable to care for your family?

Anyway, I'm not a doctor. :) But wanted to wish you luck and hope you find some answers soon.

Best,
Mary

JulieL
08-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Well I went to the ER after talking to my dr's nurse. She told me they could get my bloodwork done quicker there. So I went, my blood work looked fine. The ER doctor wasn't sure what was going on, but felt my abdominals contract and release. He gave me a muscle relaxer to take on a need to basis, but said it's not a great course to take. So my dr wants me to follow up with her. My contractions or whatever they want to call them lasted 5 hours today :( I really don't know what's going on. Apparantly what I have unusual so it's gonna take some more steps to figure it out.

My previous post was a little confusing, the option of bc wouldn't keep from taking care of my family but these abdominal muscle constrictions would or make it harder to. My husband had a vesectomy so that I wouldn't have to be on hormones to keep from getting pg, as our family is now done and complete. I don't want to take bc just to keep this from happening again, to have to deal with this at a latter date. I can't just keep taking pills for the rest of my life, nor do I want to. Anyway that's were I was coming from.

megs4413
08-16-2006, 03:41 PM
i'm sorry they weren't able to give you a better idea right away...at least the doc was able to feel what you were feeling....

i knew what you meant about the bc..it's exactly how i feel...they always wanted to put me on it, but i just didn't think that was a real solution and i didn't want yet another pill to take every day forever...

what is your next step? i'm sorry, Julie!