PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else have used phytolacca?

tina-t
08-16-2006, 12:17 PM
This was suggested by Rachel on another thread when I asked about help for recurrent plugged milk ducts (thanks Rachel). I googled it but have not found much in terms of side effect profile and how safe it is specially with breasfeeding.

Just hoping others can share their experinece with me.

TIA!

loewymartin
08-16-2006, 03:33 PM
It worked wonders for me! I spent a few months getting recurrent plugs. I would carry this in my purse for when I started to feel a plug (I'm a WOHM, so I wanted it with me!) It helped every single time. Now that we're over a year into it, I haven't had any plugged ducts, but I still carry it just in case.

Michelle
Mom to Alia born 5/16/02 and Kira born 7/30/05

tina-t
08-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Hi Michelle, did you take it only when you had the plug or did you go ahead and take it everyday? What dose did you use? Did it help the plug immediately or did it take a few days? Were you also using lecithin?

Sorry for all the questions. I would appreciate any help though.

Thanks.

Moneypenny
08-17-2006, 03:18 PM
I don't know anything about phytolacca, but I used lecithin to treat and prevent plugged ducts and it worked great for me. It had no side effects that I noticed.

Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]

tina-t
08-18-2006, 04:38 PM
I am using lecithin 1200 mg. 4 times per day and it is not working. I have had 8 episodes of plugged milk ducts in 2 1/2 weeks.

tina-t
08-18-2006, 04:38 PM
I am using lecithin 1200 mg. 4 times per day and it is not working. I have had 8 episodes of plugged milk ducts in 2 1/2 weeks.