saschalicks
08-16-2006, 01:09 PM
I LOVE YOU!!!!

LaurelC
08-16-2006, 01:16 PM
It is awesome, isn't it???

saschalicks
08-16-2006, 01:18 PM
My jaw is on the floor. I cannot believe how cool! Thnaks for posting.

alexsmommy
08-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Brilliant. Just brilliant.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

Rachels
08-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

-Rachel
Mama to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

and Ethan James
10/19/05
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/bf.jpg

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya

elliput
08-16-2006, 01:50 PM
But it only has jeans up to size 18! x( What's up with that? Some of us plus sized Mama's want good fittin' jeans too!

saschalicks
08-16-2006, 01:55 PM
There is a great article in the Weight Watchers magazine on jeans that includes plus size. Believe me I hear ya I am on the cusp of being out of plus sized. They recommended Seven jeans at Lane Bryant.

kelly ann
08-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks!!! I am bookmarking this one :)

billysmommy
08-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Wow, thanks :)

Puddy73
08-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

tarynsmum
08-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Am I thte only one that cringes at jeans that cost over $100? I just can't bring myself to do it...

elliput
08-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Nope, you are not the only one. My $$$ threshold is a bit lower than that even. :-)

kozachka
08-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Where have they been all my adult life? I wish they had more brands and styles but that's a good start. Personally, I don't remember paying more than $50 for a pair of jeans even 'designer' one since I buy either on sale or at places like TJ Maxx but I'll pay $100, possibly $150 for a pair of jeans if they would fit me perfectly. If I am lucky enough to find a great fitting pair of comfortable jeans (happened once! so far) I wear them for years until they develop holes. I would get my moneys worth in terms of cents per each time worn.

megs4413
08-16-2006, 03:49 PM
the jeans they recommended for me were only $59...it's still a little high, but if they really fit that well...i'll wear them every single day....i LIVE in my favorite jeans (that is when i'm not preggers..)

mattysmom
08-16-2006, 03:52 PM
thanks for this great site!

they even matched my one pair of okay fitting jeans (lucky easy riders) as one of my "good fits" so i know they are right!

tarynsmum
08-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Oh, I know. I will buy the cheapest crap for myself and spend a fortune for DD. Currently, my favorite jeans cost $14.99 (they were on sale and originally $50, which I seriously doubt I would have paid).

I don't know. I guess if I knew I would LOVE the jeans, and that I would wear them for a long time, I might splurge. I doubt it though.

Pennylane
08-16-2006, 06:10 PM
Wow, what a great site. One of the best fit ones they picked for me is a pair that I already own and love, Lucky jeans. They are the most expensive pair of jeans I have ever owned (98.00) but I feel so great when I put them on! I also got a few other good suggestions that aren't as high priced.

Thanks for the link,

Ann

zafu
08-17-2006, 06:07 PM
I work at zafu and we are trying to see how we are doing as we've only been live for a couple of weeks. I hope you don't mind us looking at your message board.

Thanks for all the nice comments. We appreciate that :-)

One person asked about the price of jeans.

We see that people buy jeans at all sorts of prices. So when you get your results back we built in a price filter that lets you look at them within your price point. You can see it under "Narrow My Results".

Hope this helps

JulieL
08-17-2006, 07:06 PM
I didn't see Anne Taylor on your list. They fit my curvy body best.

Momof3Labs
08-17-2006, 09:22 PM
This is an interesting idea, but why would you suggest perfect jeans for my petite frame that only have a 32" or longer inseam? I'd suggest building that into your equation.

DDowning
08-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Based on my selections, two brands pulled up. When I click on the link "where to buy" it would be nice if the site that pulls up actually sold the size that Zafu recommended.

zafu
08-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Hi there Deidra

Which jean was this? Very strange. Can you let us know and we'll look into that one :-)

Thanks

>Based on my selections, two brands pulled up. When I click on
>the link "where to buy" it would be nice if the site that
>pulls up actually sold the size that Zafu recommended.

zafu
08-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Lori,

Thanks for your comment.

We are going to be publishing a series of articles abouit specific issues that women have with jeans and then showing which jeans best solve that issue. I've passed your comment onto the team and we'll get on it :-)

>This is an interesting idea, but why would you suggest
>perfect jeans for my petite frame that only have a 32" or
>longer inseam? I'd suggest building that into your equation.

DDowning
08-18-2006, 12:18 PM
One of the styles recommended was Baby Phat. I can't remember the name of the store that was linked to that brand but the largest size the store sold was a 7 and what was recommended for me was a 13 or 15. The other brand was Jag which I could easily find at Nordstroms without having to pay shipping.

boys2enough
08-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Very interesting and quite impressive. There seems to be real science and statistics endeavors behind the whole set-up. The president is an ex consultant from McKinsey & Company, with a phd degree in economics.

I was even more convinced when none but one of the jeans chosen as "best fit" for me is priced more than $50. I have never thought of Old Navy. Now I will gladly try.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/chika/chirol_buha.gif

I am celebrating: just passed my "1000 posts" mark. Yipee!

boys2enough
08-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Very interesting and quite impressive. There seems to be real science and statistics endeavors behind the whole set-up. The president is an ex consultant from McKinsey & Company, with a phd degree in economics.

I was even more convinced when none but one of the jeans chosen as "best fit" for me is priced more than $50. I have never thought of Old Navy. Now I will gladly try.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/chika/chirol_buha.gif

I am celebrating: just passed my "1000 posts" mark. Yipee!

kozachka
08-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Just wanted to add that prices for recommended jeans must be MSRP, not what you would get on the web-site to which you'd be re-directed. For example, I clicked on Polo Jeans Sretch Kelly Jeans that are supposed to be $79 and they were $49.98 on the www.denimexpress.com but not available at my recommended size of 10.

Personally after trying literally dozens of styles each time I need a new pair of jeans and with a rare exception not finding a perfect fit, I am apprehensive of buying jeans online, especially if I have to pay for shipping (that includes return shipping). In my experience, even the same style and size jeans don't fit exactly the same. I would use the recommendations to shop brick-and-mortar storess.

I am not sure what is Zafu's revenue model but since I most likely won't be buying jeans from the linked sites but would like to give them something in return for a valuable service, it might make sense to institute some sort of feedback mechanism. I'd fill out a form on the site to let them know how the recommended jeans actually fit me. I would not mind reading what other people with similar issues say about jeans that were recommended to me. For example I doubt it very much that this particular recommended jeans, Polo Jeans Stretch Kelly would a good fit for me. I have athletic thighs after years of dancing and gymnastics as a child/teenager and saddlebags, which I clearly stated I'd like to hide and Kelly Jeans fit extra slim through the thigh. And even when I screen recommended jeans for Regular fit through the hip these come up. So which is it, regular or slim? Still, I'll try them on in size 10, which is one size bigger than what I normal wear. I am not willing to pay $7 shipping x 2, if they don't fit well. Just wanted to offer some feedback to zafu.

karolyp
08-19-2006, 07:56 PM
I would have never thought of Lee's Riders Jeans (sold at walmart), until this website recommended them. Sure enought, I went there today and got a pair. I have to admit that they do fit me pretty well. They come in great colors, have a nice strech to them, and don't poof in the back - plus you can't beat the price: $16.xx!!! Thanks zafu!!

stillplayswithbarbies
08-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Useless for me. :(
The largest size they go up to is size 18. But they do ask for my weight etc., so they should be able to at least tell me that they can't make suggestions for someone my size rather than go through the whole process and then suggest something that will never fit me and doesn't come in my size.