PDA

View Full Version : And since I'm on the topic of Wiggles, some Q's about the concert

aguinn
08-17-2006, 08:32 AM
I did a search to see if these questions have been answered in other threads, but could not find anything, so any help from those who have BTDT at a recent show would be appreciated!

1. Were you able to bring your own camera into the venue? Or should I just get a disposable camera to be safe?

2. Did you bring your Wiggles guitar? BB has one, and I *KNOW* he'll want it with him, but I don't want to risk it getting taken from us at the door, or having to return it to the car and miss part of the show!

tia,
;)amy
momma to DS#1 "Big Brother" (BB) and, finally, DS#2 "Little Brother" (LB)

http://b4.lilypie.com/3dP3m4/.png[/img][/url]
http://b1.lilypie.com/ur0Am4/.png[/img][/url]

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see." ~ Neil Postman

kristenk
08-17-2006, 10:32 AM
1. Other people brought regular cameras and video cameras. DH and I completely spaced on it, so I have one poorly-lit, fuzzy picture from the phone on my camera. :( There was an announcement about not videotaping the actual concert itself, I seem to recall, but there were tons of cameras around.

2. Hmmmmm...DD doesn't have a Wiggles guitar. I don't recall seeing any in the audience, either, but there was sooooo much Wiggles paraphernalia (purchased at the show) there that I might have missed it. Can you call the concert venue and ask them?

Have fun! We had a great time and I'd love to go again! We bought a t-shirt and a white Wiggles cup and the cup has been an unbelievable hit. DD drinks "Wiggly water" pretty often, now!:P

Toba
08-17-2006, 11:03 AM
1-) We brought our camera and have several pictures. While I think this might vary from venue to venue, I have seen MANY pictures of other Wiggles concerts so I think it's safe to say that you'll be able to bring your own camera.

2-) We didn't bring any Wiggles toys, but we did bring a HUGE diaper bag with us, as well as a plastic bag from a store we went to before the concert (we went to MSG in NYC) ... no one said anything to us. Again, I think this might vary from venue to venue.

We also bought a t-shirt and a Captain Feathersword sword. I was kind of aggravated that we bought a t-shirt from the first kiosk (when we walked in) where they only had two different kinds ... then when we got further in, there were other kiosks that sold different (nicer) t-shirts. Even though one kiosk had the same exact shirt we bought, we wanted to exchange it for a nicer (more expensive, which we were willing to make up the difference for, of course) t-shirt ... they flat out refused. I was *reallllly* aggravated. My son, on the other hand, could care less. ;)

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

Mommy_Again
08-17-2006, 11:32 AM
I would think they would sell the guitars at the venue, so how would they know if you bought it there or brought it from home? Assuming you can get it through the door without an issue.

When we went to a Sesame Street show kids had toys everywhere.

dhano923
08-17-2006, 04:03 PM
I brought my own digital camera in without problems. Our tickets said videotaping was prohibited, but didn't say anything about photography. It seemed like every parent there had a camera!

Not sure about the toy thing -- we bought a Tshirt and a Wiggles light wand at the concert. I also bought a program for DS's memory box.

don't forget to bring a rose for Dorothy!

calv
08-18-2006, 08:32 AM
we're going on TUE and I'm really hoping my 2.5 year old has fun. We just haven't been watching the wiggles lately so I'm a bit nervous.

are the gifts/t-shirts a rip off? Should I take out a loan? LOL

alexsmommy
08-18-2006, 08:45 AM
We arrived right before the concert was scheduled to start which was a blessing - DS didn't notice the merchandise. We took nothing - I knew our tickets were on the second level so there wouldn't be much opportunity for good pics. DS was overwhelmed by the noise so it turned out our seats were a blessing - he sat in my lap clinging to me, peeping out. I think it was a "some dreams are too much in real life" type of thing. Finally he let me move him to DH's lap. If you aren't on the first floor, you may want to skip roses for Dorothy and bones for Wags - they never came up in Chicago. I know one child behind us was a little bit disappointed since he had made a bone. If I had purchased anything in hindsight, it would have been the light stick - it was nice how they had the kids use them as part of the show. I really like the Wiggles - they really worked to make ALL the kids feel that they were special guests, and even when they did the light stick part, they suggested parents take out their cell phones and let the kids hold them up to help with the "twinkling star" effect if they didn't have a stick. No matter how "cheesy" they are, they are a class act when it comes to interacting with that age group.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

AmyZ
08-18-2006, 12:09 PM
We just saw them Wed. night here in Pittsburgh. It was a great show! DD hid her eyes for the first 20 minutes, but then warmed up. It is very loud and overwhelming!! The Wiggles did a great job and we brought some flowers that Murray picked up from us (DD was hiding during that part too!). Have a great time!
We also skipped the merchandise - although they were selling mylar balloons and that might be a cheap way to get *something* but not anything major.

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Baby #2 on the way! EDD 1/25/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]