PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy face - anyone else have this problem?

hudsonam
08-17-2006, 02:02 PM
My mom has light peach fuzz on her face, down near the jaw line, and now, so do I. Does anyone else have this problem? Is waxing too extreme? It's not a big deal, but if I could get rid of it, I would.

katiesmommy
08-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Unfortunatly, I have this problem too. From what I gather it's hereditary, and has something to do with having too much testoteron in your body. My mother and grandmother both have it as well. As far as I know, they both shave it off, so I would think that if it bothers you that waxing would be a good option. That's probably what I will do when mine gets to the point that it's bugging me.

Lovingliv
08-17-2006, 05:29 PM
I am a fuzzy one too! I do electrolysis now,,,,and no problemo!

I wouldn't do anything but this method (and possibly laser, if I could afford it) because waxing will just make it grow in more, plucking makes it thicker....good luck

jenjenfirenjen
08-17-2006, 08:03 PM
I have peach fuzz but nothing that is so noticeable that I need to do anything about it (though I do wax my upper lip and pluck the dark hairs I get under my chin.) For me, it's definitely too much testoterone. I swear, I'm probably nearly a man except for these huge lactating boobs.

Anyway, have you heard of threading. I think it's an Indian or Middle Eastern technique. They use a thread to catch and pull the hairs out. Some mainstream salons offer the service.

lizajane
08-17-2006, 08:27 PM
"I swear, I'm probably nearly a man except for these huge lactating boobs."

ROFL!!

i feel that way sometimes... of course, if i am a man, i am gay. didn't madonna say something like that once?

i have to wax lip and dukakis eyebrows, pluck chin (SO embarrassing, i can't believe i just typed that...) and people always thought i was a boy on the phone when i was a preteen.

haven't tried threading, but want to.

and my mom uses a gadget she got at bed, bath and beyond that kinda skims it off- not shaving, but it does cut the hair.

bostonsmama
08-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Don't feel bad, mama. I'm a hairy little thing, too. For me, I know it stems from my PCOS (elevated androgens-male hormones-including testosterone).

I have a slight "stash" that I'm just ignoring for now. It's baby peach fuzz, but my natural hair color is dark brown, so in the right light it can be pretty dark. My mom has a similar thing (oh, joy....what's to look forward to) and she spent her entire teenhood on waxing and bleaching her stash and now has a wrinkled, yucky ole puckered upper lip and warns me everyday NEVER to mess w/ it until it gets unsightly. I dap a little concealer over top and dust on my mineral foundation.

I do, however, get a stray hair or two on the boob (yuck, I know), and I just pluck it. It's like clockwork...every two week it grows right back and I immediately send it to its death. I think with those stray hairs, if you can't afford electrolsys or laser treatments, plucking is fine...that way the wax isn't taking other hairs that might grow back (and be encouraged.... :7).

Larissa
"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us--they help us learn to endure." Rom 5:3

Proud Aunt to Jack Dorian, b. 3/06

jenjenfirenjen
08-17-2006, 10:25 PM
the chin hairs are the worst! my mom used to tease me about it, saying "not by the hair my chinny, chin, chin." she can be quite evil.

and did i mention all this testosterone makes one agressive beyotch? DH calls me "the bulldog" and sicks me on any companies that we have to complain to.

jenjenfirenjen
08-17-2006, 10:28 PM
>I do, however, get a stray hair or two on the boob (yuck, I
>know), and I just pluck it. It's like clockwork...every two
>week it grows right back and I immediately send it to its
>death.

omg, me too. just wait until you're nursing your baby round the clock and every time you look down little dark hairs are staring you in the face. it's quite sexy.

ok, enough thread hijacking for now.

buddyleebaby
08-17-2006, 10:40 PM
My sister has a friend who had light hair on her face and she was so self-concious about it that she shaved it and now she has a five o clock shadow and has to shave or wax all the time and they call her "beard girl" at work.
So long story short, don't wax! I'm sure it's much more noticable to you than anyone else.

sobers3
08-19-2006, 10:52 PM
There is a prescription cream called Vaniqua. It is applied daily and prevents facial hair from growing in. It takes about 4-6 weeks to see results. The only problem is that the cost is about $50/tube and usually not covered by insurance.

ShanaMama
08-20-2006, 12:23 AM
I have it too & have done well with bleaching. I only need to bleach about once a month, & then it becomes totally unnoticeable. (AS opposed to bleaching upper lip, which I've noticed gives some women a *light colored mustache* - not invisible at all! Gross!!)

southernaccent
08-20-2006, 06:21 PM
That is so horrible!

mommy_someday
08-21-2006, 12:14 AM
I have neck hair. Like 1.5-inch long neck hair. Dark. On pale skin. It's really not attractive in any way, shape or form. I usually pluck it, but I dream of having laser treatments done to have it permanently removed. I have the boob hair too. And the unsightly trail from my navel to the nether-region. I've been told that it's too much androgen(?) so I guess that means I'm pretty manly, too, Jen! I totally feel your pain.

I seriously can't believe I just admitted that on a public board...

Droopymom
08-21-2006, 11:58 AM
I feel your pain!I to am fuzzy due to pcos.I can stand waxing my legs but my chin and eybrows a big OUCH! My doctor introduced me to threading and I just love it.No pain at all.It is a little more expensive than waxing but I think thats due to it being a little more time consuming than waxing.I would highly reccomend it and imo it is well worth the money spent,and lasts just as long if not longer than waxing.

Jennifer
DD Caitlin Hope 9/28/96
Trying to give Caitlin a little brother or sister