PDA

View Full Version : The Preschool Flasher

Tracey
08-17-2006, 03:40 PM
So, I picked DD up today from preschool. I asked her how her day went and she is telling me about how she ate an orange for snack and put together a puzzle. After that, she says..."Ethan pulled down his pants and showed me his toot toot (the word she has always chosen for her own genitals...yes, we have told her the real terms). It was sooo funny!"she said. She then laughed and laughed like he had told the funniest joke ever. She is in a mixed age classroom and the boy she is talking about is five and she is three. I kept the conversation light and asked a few questions to see what all went on. From what I gather, it was kind of a "look what I've got" kind of thing. I talked to her a little bit about privates and what it means when something is private and told her that if he does it again she should tell the teacher.

I did call the school and tell them so that can be aware and pass on that this may be a opportunity for his parents to teach him what is appropriate behavior.

Anyway, my question is do you know of any books that are toddler age appropriate for showing genitals and talking about privates. All the babies she has been around have been girls and she has never seen a penis. This might be a good time to talk about the difference between boys and girls.