PDA

View Full Version : Couple pics of what I wake up to every morning....

overcome
08-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Yes, I am up at 5AM most mornings with my dd, but between listening to her coo and giggle and seeing this every morning, everything seems right with the world, despite the early hour...

My husband is an AVID gardener and planted all these Morning Glories from seed. The bloom lasts one day, drops off at night and a whole new batch appear in the morning. I just love them. The pictures don't really do them justice. This is our back porch.

Enjoy!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35216.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35217.jpg

kimbe
08-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Wow, they are breath taking! Those pictures make me want to go out and plant some for myself! (Despite my black thumb! ;) )

Thanks so much for sharing. Your DH does a beautiful job!

jenjenfirenjen
08-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Ooh that's beautiful. I think if that was my back yard, I'd be back there nursing my little one all the time.

lizajane
08-17-2006, 08:28 PM
i don't think i can be your friend anymore because i am TOO FREAKIN' JEALOUS of your view... ;)

BaileyBea
08-17-2006, 08:44 PM
I am with Liza... I am so jealous!

kristenk
08-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Okay, okay, I guess it might be worth getting up early enough to see our morning glories! Those are breathtaking! DH planted some to climb up our ever-so-lovely telephone pole in the back and I'm ashamed to say that I've never seen the actual flowers. Hmmmm...maybe a morning trip outside is necessary tomorrow. I'm hoping that 7-8am will be early enough, though.

bcky2
08-17-2006, 08:49 PM
that is just so pretty, do you contract your dh out ;)

i would love to wake up to that every day.

bostonsmama
08-17-2006, 10:16 PM
What a stunning view and flowers in your backyard!! I aspire to live on a wooded lot one day w/ a DH who can tolerate a little more than grass and a flowerbed or two of plants. My DH recently ripped the rose bush out of our front yard because "it's getting in the way of his mowing path." Tell your DH what a wonderful job he did!

Was it Napolean Dynamite who said, "Luucckkkkkyyyyyy" ??

Larissa
"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us--they help us learn to endure." Rom 5:3

Proud Aunt to Jack Dorian, b. 3/06

Alice523
08-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Your yard is beautiful! You have a talented husband.

denna
08-18-2006, 12:54 AM
The pictures are amazing!!! If I had this to wake up too, Id be much happier in the mornings :)! Thanks for sharing.

karolyp
08-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Me three! You should see my backyard - it's full of weeds!

Really though - it's beautiful!

jennabear
08-18-2006, 06:25 AM
Just gorgeous. I miss my morning glories. I had the same view in my back yard across my fence. This year DH replaced the fence and my morning glories are gone. Sigh. Mine were purple but I attempted to plant this blue in the front yard. Not many blooms but gorgeous still.

Thanks for the pick me up!

overcome
08-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Thanks for all the kind words. I let my DH read the thread and he said "they're just flowers" :-) But I know it made him feel good.

Don't be too jealous....he gives me lots of material for the bitching board too!!!

;)

maestramommy
08-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Wow, they are beautiful! So's your back porche, BTW :-). I remember my mom used to grow them on our fence in Chicago. I haven't seen Morning Glories since!

kcimato
08-18-2006, 08:57 PM
I try to plant a morning glory vine every year and I just do one. I can imagine what all those look like. Have you tried Moon Vine? Same family, bigger flowers and they bloom at night. They're white.

I also have another sort of moon vine that is a plant, not a vine. It actually looks like a weed. The flowers are huge, open up at dusk and the smell will knock you out. About 10:30 AM they wilt and die. A green prickly seed pod forms,dries out then pops open in the fall and spreads it's seeds so it can grow again in the fall.

overcome
08-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Yes, as a matter of fact, my DH does plant moon flowers. They are pretty amazing. They haven't bloomed yet this year though. We can't figure it out.

I bet the plant you are talking about is a daytura lily. As a matter of fact, I am sure it is. We try to plant those as well b/c supposively they are poisonous to deer (we have a terrible deer problem here).

Lovingliv
08-19-2006, 09:15 AM
what a wonderful sight!