PDA

View Full Version : Teething concern: teething outward, not up?

jess
08-19-2006, 08:23 PM
You ladies have been so great in helping me when I need to locate a certain item...I am hoping that you can offer input now concerning my teething son. He is 5 months and I can feel the bottom front teeth starting to poke up, as well as the teeth on either side of these bottom ones. It is these side teeth I am concerned with--I can see them, like they are pushing their way out of the FRONT of the gum, rather than just moving up...is it possible for his teeth to erupt out, rather than up? I know this did not happen with my daughter's teeth, so I am a little freaked. Any input would be appreciated!

JTsMom
08-19-2006, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't stress just yet. I've heard they kind of twist around some as they are coming out. One of DS's was coming in really crooked, but straightened out by the time it was fully in. Maybe they are just twisting kind of forward right now.

Not that I'm a dentist or anything- just guessing!

MeAndMyStar
08-20-2006, 12:30 PM
I had the same concern with my DDs teeth. I could see two white spots on the front of her gums (top) for weeks. I had no idea where the teeth would possibly be popping out from:-) . Turns out, they came in normal but sure looked weird before they erupted. I wouldn't worry!

-Sarah