PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Christening gift for Godson

Mamma2004
08-20-2006, 06:28 AM
A few of you gave me some ideas a while back and I am now in search of more! More specifically, I would like to personalize/monogram/engrave one of his gifts but aside from Things Remembered, I don't know where to look.

Does anyone know of any sites or B&M establishments that I should try? I am considering a cup/spoon set, a bible, a blanket...any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you!

Stephanie

o_mom
08-20-2006, 07:33 AM
These bloocks are really nice:

http://www.craftefamily.com/blocks.asp

I really liked the books that we got as baptism gifts. In our church one of the duties of the god parents is to "place the scriptures into their hands as they grow" (I think that's the wording). It was nice to have that start immediately with the board books or other baby friendly books.

boolady
08-20-2006, 08:20 AM
I don't know if I suggested this website on your thread or another thread, but we ordered a blanket for our godson from www.sonyabebeblankee.com (it looks like they've changed the site name to www.fillintheblankie.com) and were very happy with it. We had his name, baptism date, and a Bible verse embroidered on the edge. You can choose font, blanket weave, color, etc. They have a lot of options. I was very pleased with the result.

egfmba
08-20-2006, 10:57 PM
If it's a Catholic baptism, you can check around your local churches and see if any of them have a rosary guild. It's where a group of people in the church (usually women) get together and make rosaries to sell to benefit the church. Different women, different styles, so you may find something that really goes with the family or really expresses how you feel.

We have a church (in a really nice neighborhood) that has one and I got my godson a handmade rosary. I was able to pick the metal, the stones and it was beautiful.

Hope you find something you love!
eva

Jen841
08-21-2006, 10:46 AM
If Catholic you can look into a Papal Blessing.

My niece has a blanket that the godparents are listed on the trim.

We got a silver cup for one of the boy's baptisms.

Can recall other ideas.

JenDC
08-21-2006, 11:26 AM
The blocks from www.craftefamily.com are really nice- one of my friends gave me one for my birthday with my daughter's info on it.
Nordstrom has really nice piggy banks that can be personalized- for free.

infocrazy
08-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I gave my goddaughter money for her education, but I also gave her a piggy bank. Although the one I got her wasn't engraved (it was a REALLY cute ballerina pig with a tiara!), you definitely could.

HTH

ctmom
08-21-2006, 12:23 PM
www.lenox.com has some beautiful gifts that you can personalize. For another idea, you can have a rosary made up with crystals to coordinate with the color of the child's birthstone. If have a local jewelry who makes their own silver/bead jewelry, they can probably make one.
HTH!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

nfowife
08-21-2006, 02:47 PM
We have given a personalized ceramic cross from here before:
http://www.polkadotsonline.com/products.php?catID=9901937

And it was a big hit! We did the "mad about plaid" design (with custom colors) and then had 3 lines of text (I don't see that option anymore, but we did it in May, so they might still be able to do it). We had "Baptism of, name, date" on the front.

They have some other baptismal gifts here:
http://www.polkadotsonline.com/products.php?catID=9901933