PDA

View Full Version : Flying back from Germany today

cmdunn1972
08-20-2006, 07:59 AM
Hi all! I'm writing this from the Heathrow airport. I wanted to let all who are interested know that we're flying back from Germany today and can't wait to get home. You all are right. I absolutely love Germany! :)

I didn't get time enough to update all of you on this before leaving, but after much thought we decided to change our plans somewhat. Sean is still dealing with hives, but I was still dying to go, so DH stayed home with Sean while I went to Germany with my Mom. It was an eye-opening first-time-to Europe experience since we stayed at a winery Guesthouse in a really small town in rural Western Germany (right on the Mosel River in between Koblenz and Trier). Last night, after we had seen all we wanted to see for this trip, I really started missing my boy, so we decided to some home one day early. Right now, I'm sitting here at Heathrow Airport and thinking that coming home when you start to miss family is the best time to do it. :)

Thanks to all of you who helped me, even in small ways, to plan my trip. Thanks also to those of you who assured me that Germany is a wonderful place to visit! I really learned a lot for being here in such a short period of time. :)

Cheers. :)

mommyoftwo
08-20-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm sorry that Sean didn't get to go with, but it sounds like you had a wonderful time. What a fun thing to do with your mother. I hope you flight home goes well and you get to see your family very soon.

cbm
08-20-2006, 08:56 AM
I am glad you had a great time Colleen.
I was thinking about you this morning :-).

Sorry Sean is still dealing with hives. I hope the problem will resolve soon.

Claudia
DS 12/18/04

bostonsmama
08-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Wishing you safe travel back home today. I'm so glad you had a great time, but sorry your DH & DS had to stay home. It was probably all for the better, though.

Welcome home soon enough!

Larissa
"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us--they help us learn to endure." Rom 5:3

Proud Aunt to Jack Dorian, b. 3/06

cmdunn1972
08-21-2006, 07:35 AM
We did have a good time. I missed Sean terribly, especially whenever I would see other kids about his age. As it turns out, though, a winery guest house might not have been the best place for him at his age since I would have been constantly having to corral him. On the other hand, the location was great since I felt very safe in a town of 1000 people where everyone knew everyone else. I'm glad I got the chance to scout it out. Maybe we'll go again when Sean's a bit older (prekindergarten age perhaps). There were a lot of kids who lived nearby, so the town is somewhat child-friendly.

FYI The Combi City Savvy would never have made it in that town since all the streets were cobblestone.

Regarding airline issues, we did travel from the U.S. through Heathrow, so we were under some restrictions that were strict but varied depending on which country's jurisdiction we were under. As we were leaving the U.S. in the beginning of our trip, restrictions were beginning to lighten somewhat, but we seemed to always be one day behind the new regulations, lol. By the time we came home, though, we were on track with everything.

Sean missed me about as much as I missed him! I was pretty emotional when I got him up this morning, and I really don't want to go anywhere without him again.