PDA

View Full Version : Sunburn!

cleo27
08-20-2006, 08:53 PM
I am so mad at myself right now! We went to the beach this weekend and I was very diligent with the sunscreen for DD and myself, or so I thought. At least DD is fine and did not get burned.

I just looked in the mirror and realized that I forgot about my back. I did not put any sunscreen at all there and now it is quite red. We were at the beach for about 2 to 2.5 hours today and I was in the sun for the whole time, either sitting on the sand, walking or in the ocean.

I have always been very paranoid about getting a sunburn. I am pretty fairskinned with some freckles and moles and am afraid of getting skin cancer. My grandfather died from cancer that started as melanoma, a few years ago, which only increased my worries about skin cancer.

I guess there is nothing I can do now, I just feel very worried. Also, I am afraid to tell DH. He is a worrier about sun exposure too. I think he might get mad at me.

kelly ann
08-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Gosh...I am so sorry. I am fair-skinned as well and I have been known to burn in just 15 minutes. All you can do right now is try to make yourself comfortable. Try putting on some aloe and resting. If you are in a lot of pain, you can take some pain relievers. These things happen and DH should not get mad at you...he should be the one putting the aloe vera on your back :)

Take care.