PDA

View Full Version : Favorite brands of socks, anyone?

jadamom
08-21-2006, 01:36 PM
I mostly wear khaki's and jeans in the wintertime with brown or black socks. Boring, I know. & Now my socks are all worn out with holes in them. I like the cotton ones from Gap. Old Navy tends to fade. What other brands do you like?

Lovingliv
08-21-2006, 01:56 PM
For me? *Blushing* It's been so long since anyone has asked what *I* like for me......

The last socks I purchased were Pearlizumi biking socks,,,,three years ago,,,,,

Not much help...sorry!

sarahsthreads
08-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Handknit. Hands down. :)

I actually have the same problem. I bought all my socks from a store I loved that ended up going out of business - I can't even remember the name now! - and all those socks are starting to become holey (well, it has been a decade). Since I can't knit fast enough to replace them all, I need suggestions too!

Sarah :)

maestramommy
08-21-2006, 03:32 PM
I would love to know, because I bought the Cherokee brand from Target to replace my decade old socks, and they are already showing signs of wear after less than a year. I always wear white socks, which I know isn't fashionably correct, but it's a habit, and besides, then I don't have to buy extra socks to go running in. If ANYONE knows of strong white cotton socks that last, please let me know!

jadamom
08-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Well, I've read good things about SmartWool, so I'm going to give these a try this winter:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/10008,11666_SmartWool-Uniform-Socks-for-Men-and-Women.html