PDA

View Full Version : Does this freak anyone else out?

DeeEast
08-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Its very weird but only one of our local stations said anything about this and then nothing else on air. There was nothing in the papers either.

Creepy? You decide:

http://www.wjactv.com/news/9711490/detail.html

This is in North West Pennsylvania on Interstate 80.

sbirmantaz
08-22-2006, 06:59 AM
What a weird story. You would think something like that would be on all the major stations...

Sharon
dd #1 09/24/02
dd #2 11/19/03

HIU8
08-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Ok, I am sufficiently freaked out now. I can understand why this would not be spread all over the news (as not to create panic), but on the other hand, I wonder how many different law enforcement agencies actually are aware of this?

Heather
DS 11/27/04

momma_boo
08-22-2006, 08:03 AM
They may not want it really publicized if there is an ongoing investigation. If it really is terrorism-linked, it's not just these 2 guys. They may want to try to uncover other individuals in the cell or figure out their funding.

JulieL
08-22-2006, 08:31 AM
This reminds of something my dad experianced a few months back:

He was on a business trip, flying down south (I think Texas or Louisiana). Well they rerouted the plane right before they were to land. He was in the air for another hour or two before landing was cleared. Apparantly several airports were completely locked down. Guess what, no mention in the news what so ever. My dad was totally freaked out about it. He flys for business averagely every other week - and he couldn't believe this was kept tight lipped.

Sometimes I do think there is some kind of control on the media, for whatever reason.

writermama
08-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Hmm. Well, if it's just on the local affiliate and the national broadcasts haven't picked it up, it's probably not a credible report.