PDA

View Full Version : Sprout, Noggin, Disney Chan - what shows do you like?

floridamommy
08-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone. Up til now DD, who is 9 mos, has primarily been watching Baby Einstein and Signing Times dvds when I let her watch tv. Although we love ST...the "alex and leah" song are running on a permanent loop in my head all the time and I think we need to add a little variety to the mix :)

I had never channel-surfed above 100 before, but was playing around the other night and discovered that we have both the Sprout and Noggin channels (in addition to the Disney channel). Any shows that you particularly recommend for the baby crowd or that your little ones really like? I looked at the online schedules of each network, but there are a lot of shows that I am not familiar with and was curious about any of your favorites.

Mommy_Again
08-22-2006, 04:39 PM
ummmm...what DON'T we like?

On Noggin, we love Little Bear, Dora, Franklin, Miffy, Maisy

Disney Channel, we love Little Einsteins, Higgleytown Heroes, Doodlebops, Mickey's Clubhouse

overcome
08-22-2006, 04:53 PM
nak

We watch good ole Sesame Street :)

Raidra
08-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Lachlann likes anything on Playhouse Disney, but especially Wiggles and Go Baby (one of those shorts that comes on in between shows). He also really likes Blues Clues. He also likes Jack's Big Music Show.

Colwyn likes Bear in the Big Blue House, Koala Brothers, Blues Clues, Little Einsteins, and anything else on Playhouse Disney.

megs4413
08-22-2006, 05:43 PM
we love noggin....

backyardigans is a favorite of all
jack's big music show is a good one for the little music lover
Franklin is OK, but I don't like it a lot

Emmas Mom
08-22-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm so glad we're not the only ones whose DC loves Doodlebops! :)

Our DD loves pretty much all the Playhouse Disney shows & on Noggin Backyardigans is her favorite.

farleygirl
08-22-2006, 07:20 PM
BIG Miffy fan here. We record it every morning, as it's on at 5:30. Love Noggin!

chiqanita
08-22-2006, 08:21 PM
We watch a lot of Veggie Tales DVDs and Baby Einsteins. We recently added some Little Einstein DVDs and Sesame DVDs. Mostly my DSx2 love anything with a good song or lots of singing and dancing.

Noggin: Jack's Big Music Show & Backyardigans; on Little Bear & Franklin (only the theme songs)

Disney: Mickey's Playhouse, Doodlebops, Lola and Charlie (only the intro usually), Higglytown Heroes,

LD92599
08-22-2006, 08:26 PM
Higglytown Hero's and Mickey's Playhouse!

Laura
Will is three...and doesn't sleep :-(

[img]http://b4.lilypie.com/vEOmm4.png

Use a Mac? Interested in learning more about them? Join us!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-MacUsers/

TraciG
08-22-2006, 08:30 PM
we have Noggin on most of the time but at 7 am we have channel 13 on for Sesame Street, love that I watched that also growing up !!!!!!!

sidmand
08-22-2006, 09:53 PM
We also mainly do Signing Times (and sometimes Baby Mozart), but have recently added Backyardigans and we're all hooked! I've tried Jack's Big Music Show. I like it, but not so sure DS is so thrilled. But play the beginning of the Backyardigans and he's engrossed!

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

Mommy_Again
08-22-2006, 09:55 PM
I LITERALLY get up and dance when the "Get on the Bus" song comes on. SOOOO humiliating...but it makes me want to shake it! (and I couldn't stand the DPs the first time I saw them...they have totally grown on me).

tarynsmum
08-22-2006, 10:11 PM
I personally like the Backyardigans (which is silly. I watch it by myself too *hangs head in shame*).

I was never a fan of Blue's Clues, but I TiVoed the anniversary special (after it was talked about here) and DD FREAKED. She really likes it, but only the "p-p-p, p-p-p-puppyville" song at the beginning. So I just play that part over and over. And sing it in th car. It's her new favorite song. And yes, the end of the episode made me cry (but then again, I cry at BST "special to me" and have yet to make it though the entire song of "hard day". I hate seeing the kids crying. I'm tearing up just thinking about it).

We usually watch one of the BST, if not, then something off the T.V. She usually doesn't much care, and I don't want to push it.

DebbieJ
08-22-2006, 11:00 PM
I can stand anything on Noggin EXCEPT LazyTown!!! OMG I hate that show with a passion!

DS loves Dora (although that love is waning), Pinky Dinky Doo, Backyardigans, and Wonder Pets. He just likes all the others and will watch them if they're on.

FYI to those of you who like Jack's Big Music Show--season two is starting shooting in two weeks. Hooray!!!!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

kijip
08-22-2006, 11:14 PM
D-d-dora-dora-ora-the EXPLORER. That noggin show eats up about 20% of my mother's DVR and toby watches them when he is over there.

floridamommy
08-23-2006, 07:15 AM
Wow...sounds like there are a lot of great shows on those networks. I can't wait to check some of them out and get some new theme songs in my head :)

Ceepa
08-23-2006, 07:21 AM
I love Miffy. My brother said it's because I'm simple. :) DS *loves* Little Bear with his whole heart
DH likes all the songs sung by Moose; he says they're catchy. The other day he even wondered aloud, "I wonder what the September song will be."
LOL

-Ceepa

ctmom
08-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Starting 9/4...
The movie was such a big hit, they decided to make it into a show!!
Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

nicoleandjackson
08-23-2006, 12:22 PM
>I can stand anything on Noggin EXCEPT LazyTown!!! OMG I hate
>that show with a passion!

TOTALLY!!! And Oobi gives me the creeps!

We love just about everything on Noggin, but if you have a chance to catch Peep and the Big Wide World on Discovery Kids channel, it is well worth the time:

http://www.peepandthebigwideworld.com/

Nicole
Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

http://b5.lilypie.com/nD9Jm5.png

Corie
08-24-2006, 08:51 PM
I can't stand LazyTown either!! I refuse to watch it!

Now, Oobi is totally weird but for some reason, totally
cracks me up! Maybe because it is soooo ridiculous! :)

Corie
08-24-2006, 08:54 PM
There is a new show starting in October on Noggin.
It is an Australian import show about 2 guys and the
kids can use a pretend remote control to *control* the
show.
They have been showing some clips of it and this show
has my daughter laughing hysterically. :)

(I forget the name of the show!! Sorry! But, it's
coming to Noggin in October.)