PDA

View Full Version : clogs clogs clogs???? Dansko vs LLBean? Others?

daisy1234
08-23-2006, 12:20 PM
I would love a pair of comfy clogs and I love the Danskos....but the LLBEan are cheaper. How are the LL Bean clogs? Are they comfy or should I splurge for the Danskos? I saw a pair of Danskos...Sonja Plaid felt for sale at Cabellas (low 70's if I remember)...now I am regretting not getting them...they were so cute. too late now. I am hoping to find some sales soon.

This is my clog vent!!! :) I just need comfy shoes! Never realized how much wear and tear my feet have gotten being a mom!

pb&j
08-23-2006, 12:27 PM
I love my Danskos. Love, love, love. I splurged on them last fall when I was pg and needed some sturdy shoes. I can't imagine that LLBean's would be as good. The last pair of shoes I bought from them, I returned because they were so uncomfortable.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34550.gif
http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img] ([img)

psophia17
08-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Check out www.danskooutlet.com - they are seconds, but I've never been able to figure out why, and I've bought several pairs from them.

I tried the LLBean clogs a couple of years back - they were very narrow, and not nearly as comfy. I returned them, in favor of saving up for more Danskos.

VClute
08-23-2006, 12:38 PM
I have to agree - I hated spending so much money on Danskos. But I tried other brands and that was a total WASTE of money - I still only like wearing my Danskos. I have two pairs for work (I'm a nurse) and three pairs for just everyday wear. I LOVE them. They're just about the ONLY shoes I wear in the fall and winter.

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05

deenass
08-23-2006, 12:44 PM
I LOVE Simple brand clogs, you can find them on zappos and shoes.com (with free shipping and free returns, so what do you have to lose?)

They are like walking on air.

kristenk
08-23-2006, 12:51 PM
I love my Danskos. I had some Lands End clogs before the Danskos and I noticed that my back hurt after I'd been wearing them for a while. Really, really, stop-in-my-tracks-in-the-middle-of-the-store kind of hurt. I got the Danskos and my back felt great! Now I know to pay attention to my shoes if my back starts bothering my again.

Anyway, I'm sticking with Danskos. :)

MichelleRC
08-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Anyone know if these would work with narrow feet?

TIA!

jermak
08-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks for asking- I love their shoes too! The outlet site rerenced in another reply looks great- and they have the Sonja- very very cute!!!!

Look also at the Sierra Trading Post - they have some good prices. Aslo, you can surf for a style and have Bizrate.com compare prices!

Good luck!

thomma
08-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Dansko makes a narrow...I just bought my first pair. :)
LLBean doesn't but I have a pair anyway that I wear with extremely thick cotton ragg socks...obviously only in winter. ;)

Kim
t&e 5/03

MichelleRC
08-23-2006, 07:28 PM
ooh I will have to look more closely at them. Not the prettiest shoes I have ever seen, but they sure do look comfy.

Thanks!