PDA

View Full Version : OT: Home Office advice or pictures

niccig
08-23-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm finally going to get a work space of my own and I need help working out how to have a functional but tidy desk as it will be in a living area.

Currently, our computer/desk is in the bedroom and it's set up so DS can work from home, but as that doesn't happen very often, we thought we could move the misson style desk and small drawer unit into the front living room for me with the laptop, and we'll keep DH's work computer in the bedroom on a smaller workstation, and the large filing cabinet will probably stay in the bedroom too - space restrictions.

At the desk I can study, do my volunteer research work and pay the bills. I'll use a laptop and I'll have 3 drawers and 1 file drawer. There is a book case and closet with shelves in the living room, but as they are fairly full, I'll need to leave some things on the desk. It's a lovely living space, natural light and lots of windows that look out on the garden, so I don't want the desk to be an eyesore of piled papers, books and junk that finds it's way there.

Any suggestions on how to equip a home office with functional but nice things?
TIA
Nicci