PDA

View Full Version : need comfortable shoes for standing

crl
08-23-2006, 10:33 PM
I hate the tile in our kitchen (rental unit, I was used to cork). I go barefoot in the house and DS is required to do the same to minimize dirt tracked into the house. But I think I'm going to have to start wearing shoes in the kitchen as the tile is making my back hurt whenever I stand to do the dishes, etc.

I'm thinking that I should buy a pair just to wear in the kitchen. Preferrably slip-ons. And not a ton of money given the limited use. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Marisa6826
08-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Crocs!! Love them, and are about $30.

Have you thought about getting those special industrial mats for your kitchen? Granted, they won't be winning any design awards, but they do make a big difference.

They have ones that are a little more decorative, but I don't know how much cushioning they provide.

-m

trumansmom
08-23-2006, 10:58 PM
I second this! Crocs are so comfy. :)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

bubbaray
08-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Birkenstocks!

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

http://bd.lilypie.com/fYrCm7.png

crl
08-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Thanks! Crocs sound good, especially the $30 part. I'd love to give Birkenstocks a try, but unless I found a great deal I doubt I could justify the cost for such a limited use. . . .

MeAndMyStar
08-23-2006, 11:53 PM
I hate to be an enabler but...ther are some great Birks on sierra trading post.com. The papillo collection (two styles I think) are sooo cute but, alas they are all narrow width only. :( Can't beat the prices though, $40. for Birks is super good!

-Sarah

hudsonam
08-24-2006, 07:48 AM
Yes, and if you can get a discount code for Shoebuy.com, which they do pretty frequently, and also register on their site, you can get a pair of Birkentstocks with the Birko-flor upper (fake leather) for around $50. I love mine! I liked the suede, but I knew with a toddler I was better off with something easier to wipe off. :)