PDA

View Full Version : Jeanne

candybomiller
08-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Far be it from me to question a mod, but why was the "A Serious Concern" thread locked? It seems to me that this is a topic that the community needs to know about. No one was being personally attacked, if only because we didn't know WHO to attack. I think that Mama's are a little freaked out by this and need someplace to talk. Would it be better moved to the bitching post?

candybomiller
08-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Far be it from me to question a mod, but why was the "A Serious Concern" thread locked? It seems to me that this is a topic that the community needs to know about. No one was being personally attacked, if only because we didn't know WHO to attack. I think that Mama's are a little freaked out by this and need someplace to talk. Would it be better moved to the bitching post?

LBW
08-25-2006, 10:09 AM
I think it should at least be pinned so it doesn't get lost before people have time to see it. I, for one, just deleted any pictures of the kids that I've posted.

LBW
08-25-2006, 10:09 AM
I think it should at least be pinned so it doesn't get lost before people have time to see it. I, for one, just deleted any pictures of the kids that I've posted.

janeybwild
08-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Seems to me she did the right thing, even though I am very concerned myself. Its not at all clear that this is not a troll causing problems, and until that is sorted out by the mods, indiviudal people could be very damaged by any accusations. I would feel better knowing if the Fields/Mods will post an update as soon as the situation is known however.

janeybwild
08-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Seems to me she did the right thing, even though I am very concerned myself. Its not at all clear that this is not a troll causing problems, and until that is sorted out by the mods, indiviudal people could be very damaged by any accusations. I would feel better knowing if the Fields/Mods will post an update as soon as the situation is known however.

KBecks
08-25-2006, 10:15 AM
An accusation made towards an anonymous "trusted member" with very sketchy details, IMO stirs up confusion and a lot of board drama. Because there are no details, people are left wondering and freaked out. IMO if it would be off limits if the person were named, than it's also off limits toward a "mystery member" because the rumours can start to fly via PM or other means.

Anyway, my analysis the thread now that it has evolved, it looks like there has been some kind of major misunderstanding and confusion between the individuals who seem to have been involved.

KBecks
08-25-2006, 10:15 AM
An accusation made towards an anonymous "trusted member" with very sketchy details, IMO stirs up confusion and a lot of board drama. Because there are no details, people are left wondering and freaked out. IMO if it would be off limits if the person were named, than it's also off limits toward a "mystery member" because the rumours can start to fly via PM or other means.

Anyway, my analysis the thread now that it has evolved, it looks like there has been some kind of major misunderstanding and confusion between the individuals who seem to have been involved.

trumansmom
08-25-2006, 10:27 AM
I chose to lock it instead of deleting it so people could still read it if interested. It was quickly turning south. I'm not sure I'm going to be near a computer today and won't be able to monitor it. Also, I've not had the opportunity to discuss the thread with the Fields or Marisa.

It was a judgement call and I'm sticking with it until further notice.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

candybomiller
08-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Jeanne,

Thanks for replying to my question. I appreciate it.

BTW, I think you're doing a great job as a mod. :)

HannaAddict
08-25-2006, 05:35 PM
I think the original post seemed an like yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater with no smoke or fire in view. I hope there is some investigation behind the scenes to determine if there is any merit to it, and that this information will be shared with the board. Good decision to lock it, in my humble opinion.

Kimberly

Melanie
08-25-2006, 05:44 PM
I think that it is worth noting that the original post had omitted any finger-pointing and it was Rashmi who outed herself. Rachel seemed to be just wanting to let people now this could be happening. I think we all know in the back of our minds that it could be happening anyway, but this served as a good reminder.