PDA

View Full Version : Totally OT of today's threads (!) but TJ's canned turkey ideas?

dules
08-25-2006, 12:48 PM
I just got home from TJs with DD. Groceries have been a trial and a race with her of late and I just discovered that instead of canned chicken, which I use to make chicken salad, I have a large can of canned turkey.

Has anyone ever used this and if so, how? I'm wondering if we should try it or if I should hang on to it until our next trip and exchange it (won't be for 2-3 weeks or so).

TIA!

Best,
Mary

boolady
08-25-2006, 12:56 PM
I have never specifically used TJ's canned turkey to make turkey salad, but I love making chicken salad with turkey instead. I always do it with Thanksgiving leftovers, and sometimes with canned. If it will come out of the can in chunks rather than being too flaky, you could always make tetrazzini with it.

dules
08-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Hmm, I had not considered turkey salad. :) Maybe will try this weekend as without the chicken I'm short of lunch ingredients for DH (who doesn't "do" leftovers on the weekends, lol).

Thanks for the idea!

Best,
Mary

dhano923
08-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Turkey Salad
Turkey Pot Pie
Turkey Tettrazzini
Turkey a la King

Tondi G
08-25-2006, 08:03 PM
You could make a turkey curry with it too! We always make Turkey salad sandwiches after thanksgiving!

~Tondi

dowlinal
08-26-2006, 02:47 AM
How about turkey puffs?

1/2 c. chopped onion
1 can turkey (chicken works too)
1 small can peas & carrots
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
2 TBS sour cream
2 TBS milk
2 tsp. seasoned salt
2 pkgs crescent rolls

1. Preheat over to 375
2. Saute the chopped onion until translucent.
3. Stir in turkey and heat until warmed.
4. Remove from heat and add in cream cheese, sour cream, milk, and seasoned salt.Stir until smooth and then add the can of peas and carrots
5. Separate the crescent roll dough into squares and pinch along the perforations to seal.
6. Divide turkey among the squares and then fold up around filling pinching to seal.
7. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until golden.