PDA

View Full Version : Would you get 1 yr picks done 2 wks before actual b-day?

JulieL
08-25-2006, 02:36 PM
So DD turns one on October 11th. We wanted to get pictures of the family done earlier than usual this year. Normally we do them in November, but want to skip the holiday business. I don't want to wait until the end of October because of Halloween pics. DH wants to get them done at the end of September cause he'll have some time off. I wanted to get family and b-day pictures done at the same time and don't want to schedule twice. So... just how weird is it to get pictures done just a few weeks before her actual birthday?

Would you wait or try to skip the crowds?

Lynnie
08-25-2006, 02:38 PM
I can't believe she is almost one !! Wow.

Anyway, to answer the question, I would totally do it two weeks early to make it easy on everybody and get family pictures done at the same time.

Plus, on her actual birthday, I am sure you'll have lots of home pics.

dules
08-25-2006, 02:44 PM
ITA with this. :) Get them done and then don't worry about the added stress of scheduling around the birthday.

Best,
Mary

lisams
08-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Not weird at all. We had DD's 3 year pictures taken a month before her 3rd birthday. We did it because her birthday is in November, when it seems everyone gets their Christmas photos taken and we didn't want to have to deal with that craziness!

buddyleebaby
08-25-2006, 03:03 PM
I got dd's 1st bday pics a week or two befor eher actual birthday, becasue I was in the mall and the studio was empty!

mommyoftwo
08-25-2006, 05:31 PM
That's what we did. I wanted to have the picture to display at her birthday party. Linnea turns one on Sept. 1st and we had the pics taken last week. She's not going to look any different in a matter of two weeks so just get them taken when it is convenient.

happy2bamom
08-25-2006, 06:06 PM
I would go ahead and do it too. The convenience factor is important , but I have also found that when I wait for a specific date for pics then DS ALWAYS comes up with some type of scrape or rash on his face. When he looks good, and it works in my schedule, I get the pics taken.

KBecks
08-26-2006, 07:36 AM
A few weeks is no big deal -- do it when it's most convenient for you~

jhaud
08-26-2006, 12:51 PM
i agree with others ... 2 weeks won't make a difference.

but, also look at how she does. doing her pics and family pics will mean more time at the studio for that one session (for my dd this is an issue). also if you purchase a package, usually you can only do one shot for your package and then any others beyond that are more expensive, so for me, i do 1 package with dd's pics (plus any more that we need) and then 1 package for the family pic - but that would depend on where you get them taken.

starrynight
08-26-2006, 12:59 PM
It's not weird and I don't see how it matters. It's only a few weeks, not a few months.

I used to do birthday and christmas portraits at the same time for my ds, the week of halloween. His birthday is 5 days after and that way I could get both done and skip the holiday crowds. I would just bring a different outfit so it looked like I had them done at two different times.

Saartje
08-26-2006, 01:20 PM
While it might feel a little odd to you at the moment, 20 years from now a couple of weeks is not going to make a difference in how special those photos are. Do it when it's most convenient.

jillc
08-26-2006, 03:00 PM
I think you should do it when it's convenient for you. I wouldn't make two trips, either.

I had DD's two-year pics taken about a month after her actual b-day. With party planning & stuff, I just didn't have time to think about the pics until then.

Not weird at all. ;)

JulieL
08-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the input! I'm off to schedule the whole shabang! :)