PDA

View Full Version : Swollen lymph nodes and pregnancy

JenfromWI
08-25-2006, 09:47 PM
I am 5 weeks pregnant. A few weeks ago, probably around the time of conception, I had some swollen lymph nodes on the back of my neck. They are gone, but I just noticed a tender and swollen one under my jaw. I have been healthy- no fevers or signs of illness. I don't know if I am fighting off an infection or if this has to do with the pregnancy. Has anyone had a similar situation or know anything?

BaileyBea
08-26-2006, 12:27 AM
I hope you feel better soon.

I try to rest as much as possible when my lymph nodes get swollen. I've only had this happen a few times. The first time they were swollen for over a week and I looked like I had no neck. Then the next time they were only swollen for 3 days or so.

It's obviously a sign of your body fighting off something.. be it a virus or something else. I would say call your Dr. Try not to panic and take this as a sign to rest as much as possible.

I don't think it's harmful to the baby, so don't worry about just yet.

JenfromWI
08-26-2006, 07:21 AM
I appreciate your response and well wishes. Thanks!

newmomto3kids
08-26-2006, 10:07 AM
I had swollen nodes under my arms with every pregnancy. My OB said it was a normal reaction to pregnancy, although not every mom will experience it. I was really freaked out, thinking I had cancer or something. But, each time, they went away, and came back and went away.
Good luck to you!!

JenfromWI
08-26-2006, 04:14 PM
That's what I was hoping it would be. Thanks for your response, Cara!