PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Boston Mommies

jayali
08-26-2006, 05:25 PM
We just returned from our vacation and I wanted to thank all of you Boston mommies for your suggestions. We stayed at the Marriott Long Wharf. We were so pleased. The location could not have been better. We walked to everything and the hotel was very kid friendly, which also helped. We loved the Children's museum. Yesterday was rainy so we spent hours there. DS is 27 months and some people said he would be too young, but he loved it and it was perfect for a rainy day. We also went to the Aquarium, which he loved and then spent both nights in the Northend. It was a perfect way to end our vacation. We decided that we will make Boston an actual vacation destination because of what a great time we had.

Thanks again mommas!!!

mariza
08-26-2006, 09:09 PM
So glad you enjoyed it! Come back in the fall for the leaves and hayrides or in the summer for 4th of July!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1"
and soon to arrive "Thing 2"

calv
08-27-2006, 06:52 AM
ditto! It's a great city. Did you get to see St. Anthony's feast? :)

jayali
08-27-2006, 03:48 PM
We were up close and personal with St. Anthony! Matthew LOVED it - must be the Italian in his veins! We were lucky enough to wonder into the Feast early and really got the full effect. It reminded me of my childhood feast days in Brooklyn. We had a blast. I am still eating the pastries we brought home from the Modern bakery. They are awesome!

calv
08-27-2006, 03:54 PM
i didn't end up going in since it's rather rainy and gross here today. I'm bummed I missed it though. Modern pastry, Hmmmmm, don't recall where that is. The famous one is Mikes that I LOVE to go to. A bit overwhelming but there's something for EVERYONE. :)

mariza
08-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Modern is actually right by Mikes. I prefer Modern, as Mikes has gained in popularity, I think they cut back on quality over the years. You guys are making me crave some cannoli...or do I want Tirimsu????
One good thing about not yet having this baby is that I can still indulge my cravings without feeling too guilty }(

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1"
and soon to arrive "Thing 2"

jayali
08-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Mariza,

I am so sorry that I didn't buy more cannoli to bring home with me. They are the BEST that I ever had. I think you should go and get yourself some! I did notice that they do have a website but REFUSE to logon in fear that they ship!!