PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else watch the Emmys tonight?

DebbieJ
08-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Farrah Fawcett is so weird.

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert presenting were HILARIOUS!

Was that Aaron Spelling's wife all weepy? Who was the smug guy next to her?

I thought Conan was so-so.

Your thoughts?

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

tarabenet
08-27-2006, 11:04 PM
If you thought Farrah Fawcet was weird tonight, you oughtta catch the Comedy Central roast of William Shatner. Is she brainless, or has she just been on some major drugs for so long the synapses don't fire any more?

Loved Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert! I really liked Jon's shout out to the Colbert folks when his beat them out for that second award, too. Teamwork.

I am not a Conan fan *at all* but I thought he did much better this time than last. I enjoyed the "Trouble Right Here on NBC" number.

deenass
08-28-2006, 05:51 AM
Yes, Candy Spelling (Aaron's wife) was the weepy blonde with the lace hankie. The young man sitting next to her was her and Aaron's son.

drsweetie
08-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Did anyone else wonder what was up with Blythe Danner? I don't remember her as being quite so...spacey before.

Ellen

megs4413
08-28-2006, 12:44 PM
I did remark her...strange demeanor. it seemed like maybe she was truly shocked to have won...

Did anyone see the interview E! did with Paula Abdul after the awards? She sounded drunk...it was really strange? Does she have some kind of health issue going on right now?

Farrah...honestly...it kind of sounded/looked to me like she had been more than friend with Aaron Spelling at some point...she didn't seem like she was handling it well...

Did you check out Tori Spelling? SHe wasn't crying at all....

What was your favorite dress last night? I really liked jamie pressley's and evangeline lilly's.

Fairy
08-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Farah is a train wreck always. Very dependable.

When Charlie's Angels were on stage, all I could think was how much plastic was up there on that stage; especially Kate Jackson -- ohmigod! Alotta tight faces and botox up there.

Ellen Pompeo looked awful. Pretty dress; hair and makeup were awful. I'm probably in the minority on that.

Yay Office, but c'mon, when the hell is Scrubs gonna get the love it frakkin' deserves?!

Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert are just so awesome.

Keifer? Keifer?! The other four in his category could out-act him any day of the week. I need to go throw up now.

Yay Mariska! You go in your beautiful baby bod!

Blythe Danner? Over Candace? Hmm.

Nice ascot, Jeremy.

Jaime Pressley was robbed.

Helen Mirren is my hero.

Kelly McWho?

Anytime two Enterprise captains are nominated for awards in the same ceremony but don't win, something has to be wrong.

Debra Messing's dress has been panned, hated, lampooned. Personally, I thought she looked amazing. I dunno what I'm missing, but I thought she looked great.

Can someone tell me what Peter Krause's beef is with razors?

Best Dressed? Evangeline Lilly. Maybe Katherine Heigl.

Worst Dressed? Oh, I hate to do this, but Sandra Oh; better than a swan, tho.

boolady
08-28-2006, 01:07 PM
No, you're about the 3rd person besides myself who has commented on how much they disliked Ellen Pompeo's dress since I got to work this morning. I also noticed Kate Jackson's face, which just looked horrible. I loved Katherine Heigl's dress, as well. I haven't heard much about it, but I also really liked Julia Louis-Dreyfus's dress.

People will probably disagree with me on this one, but can we add Megan Mullally to the Why Did They Win Category? I'm sorry, she's funny, but that show, and her character jumped the shark so long ago at this point, and I hate the sentimental wins because a show is no longer on the air.

megs4413
08-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Did you hear Mariska hargitay say that her baby was over ten pounds when he was born!?

What is up with Jeremy Piven? Who does he think he is now? Ari? I do not think so...

Did anyon else think jeremy irons looked like he belonged in a hospital or rehab and not at an award show?

I thought Katherine Heigl's eye makeup was a little bizzarre....but that's just me...

Sandra NO....that's her new name...crazy crazy woman...