PDA

View Full Version : weird cycle

sthole
08-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Hi, my 7 week old seems to be in a strange sleep cycle. She'll go one day where she can't seem to get any sleep and then the next she'll sleep practically all day. Then there are a few normal days where her sleep is spread out. She's on reflux drops now and I had thought maybe the reflux was causing the bad sleep days but it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. Has anyone else had these weird sleep patterns? Could there be some sort of problem or is this just normal and she'll grow out of it with age?

Thanks for your help!

mommyoftwo
08-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Well, it seems to me that reflux could definitely be contributing to the problem. Are you sure that her reflux is under control with the medication she is on? With Linnea it took several different medications, a change in my diet (I'm breastfeeding) and multiple trips to the pediatric gastroenterologist before we got things under control. That being said, we have our own set of sleep problems (as in she doesn't sleep) but it is some better now that her acid reflux is under control. Not sure if that helps you but that's my experience. On the days when she isn't sleeping, does she seem to be uncomfortable or crabby? I hope you figure it out soon.

ETA: Welcome! I just noticed that you are pretty new hear and only have a few posts. I hope you enjoy it here as much as the rest of us do.