PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had THREE c-sections?

mom to little e
08-28-2006, 08:06 PM
First was unplanned, second was planned. The idea of a third scares me (actually even number 2 scared me - I spend ten months being nervous when pregnant)

Anyone had three c-section deliveries??

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

heidiann
08-28-2006, 09:32 PM
I had 4 c-sections my older children are all 16 months apart. My first I was in labor for 16 hours progressed to 2 cm, had a section and my other 3 sections were all scheduled. Now realize this was 16 years ago so they really didn't push me to have a vbac actually they discouraged me. Anyways I had 4 sections and everything went well.If you have any specific questions feel free to pm me.

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

KBecks
08-28-2006, 09:34 PM
I've had surgery on my uterus + 2 c-sections -- nearly the same as 3 c/s, but no baby and wear and tear of pregnancy the first time.

My doc said he'd recommend not exceeding 4 pregnancies.

Fairy
08-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Similar to Kbecks, I've had 2 uterine surgeries and one c-section, and I'm not able to have a VBAC. My perinat said the same thing, which is don't do this more than one more time, which would equal the equivalent of 4 c's.

g-mama
08-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Yep. My first was unplanned, of course, and happened after pushing for 3 hours. My second and third were planned.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

Bethvet
08-29-2006, 11:11 AM
My cousin also had 3 c-sections. The first unplanned (after about 24 hours) and the next 2 scheduled. As far as I know she had no problems.

Beth

FiveLittleDucks
08-29-2006, 12:27 PM
After 3 vag, my mom had 5 c-sections.

mom to little e
08-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Holy schmolie! Eight babies - that is amazing (and awesome!)

Well, I feel much better now knowing it isn't too much of a concern. Both of mine went off with no real problems, so I guess I can cross this off my "worry list!"

Thanks to all~
Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

vdrake71
08-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Ask me in February....

We recently found out we are pregnant with #3. I have had two planned c-section (my boys loved to be beech) so this will be another c-section. I am a little scared since the first c-section was not fun, but the 2nd one was not bad. I also worry about my body being cut open so many times and so close together (my children will all be 18 1/2 months apart).

gisele
08-30-2006, 04:15 PM
I asked my doctor this when I had my first and he said having multiple c-sections is not a big deal. I most likely will be having my second C-section, which is also my 3rd surgery. My doctor said he had a patient who had 6 kids - all delivered via C-section.

cmo
08-30-2006, 04:31 PM
I've had 3; the first was unplanned, the others were planned, all were within a span of about 3 1/2 years. The recovery was easier each time, especially since I knew what to expect. I do recall my doctor saying they wouldn't do more than 4 or 5.

mom to little e
08-30-2006, 08:25 PM
I understand. That is the way I felt between one and two who were 26 months apart. I feel better reading these posts (not that I'm pregant now but I want to know my options for the future). I did like how number two (planned) seemed to be pretty relaxed, at least on the doctor's part (!).

Do you know the sex of number three? :) (Congratulations!)

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!