PDA

View Full Version : OT - Need Good Hair Dryer Recommendations!

Twins2000
08-29-2006, 10:37 AM
My most recent cheapo hair dryer bit the dust and I've finally decided to try out a better, "professional" one. Any recs or ones to totally avoid? I've heard a little about the Conair Infiniti Tourmaline Ionic Styler, but don't know anyone who has it. Also, I've heard great things about dryers from Elchin and Solano, but don't know anyone personally who has them.

I have short, just above the shoulder hair, which is wavy and a little on the thick side (actually, I was told by my hairdresser that my strands are thin, but I have a lot of them). If I have time, I usually try to blow it dry straight.

Any recs/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Leslie

nfowife
08-29-2006, 11:12 AM
I have a super solano and LOVE it. It isn't ionic or anything (I find that doesn't work for my hair) but it is a great dryer and is very powerful and works great!

NatalieM
08-29-2006, 12:13 PM
I also have the super solano (got it at folica.com) It's great! If you go to folica.com you can read reviews and they have free shipping.

Margaret- I just saw your siggie about DC#2 being a boy! What wonderful news! :-)

Twins2000
08-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Thank you both for your recommendation of the Super Salono. I just looked on folica.com and was surprised/disappointed by its reviews. Overall it only got 3/5 stars. Quite a number of reviewers complained that it worked great at first, but only lasted about a year or two!!?? Hmmm.

Leslie

nfowife
08-29-2006, 01:31 PM
I've had mine for 3 years now and not a single problem.

NatalieM
08-29-2006, 01:54 PM
I've had mine about 1 1/2 years and it still works like a charm! FWIW, I also bought a CHI hair straightner from folica.com and I don't think it had the greatest reviews either. But, my sister had one and after I used it I loved it and had to have it. So far no problems with it. Anyway, what I used to do is buy my hair dryer from my hair stylist. They sold those professional/salon style dryers that they used on the clients. That lasted me about 3-4 years. I knew I would like it b/c it's what she used on me when she did my highlights/cut. Thats always an option. HTH

Twins2000
08-29-2006, 03:21 PM
That's what I want to hear! Thanks!

Leslie

Twins2000
08-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the info! I also have the CHI hair iron and love it too!

Leslie

mamalia
08-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Super Solano...it was an In Style magazine top pick. I've had mine for two years and love it. I have wavy/curly long hair and it can blow dry it out stick straight - but it takes FOREVER so I don't really do that anymore.

Malia