PDA

View Full Version : Good thoughts/prayers for our little man in Haiti

newmomto3kids
08-29-2006, 07:01 PM
We could use all good thoughts and prayers for Kenley and all his friends at A New Arrival that they all get through Hurricane Ernesto, especially the aftermath of the storm (hard on an already ravished country). Illness and food shortages are already common and even moreso following bad storms.
It is really hard to me to know he is down there and to have no idea how he is or if he needs anything.
Here is a new picture of him, please excuse the shirt, he really is a little boy ;)
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/cpeckys01/kenley3.jpg

mamalou
08-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Lots of prayers headed your way. He's adorable!!

buddyleebaby
08-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Praying for him, and sending huge hugs to you, mama.
It must be incredibly hard.

almostamom
08-29-2006, 07:44 PM
This must be so difficult for you. We will include your sweet boy in our prayers. He is beautiful!

icunurse
08-29-2006, 07:50 PM
He's an absolutely adorable little boy. Hoping that he and all of his friends get through the storm okay.
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting (and waiting) for another baby!

daniele_ut
08-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Oh Cara! I can't even imagine how hard this is for you right now! I will be praying that your beautiful son and his friends stay safe from the storm.

JustMe
08-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Sending lots of good thoughts for adorable Kenley and all of his friends.

I didn't experience anything as extreme as a hurricane during my adoption process, but I sure know what it is like to love a child who is far away and not know how they are doing.

Robyn
single mommy to a 3 yr old from Guatemala

crayonblue
08-30-2006, 04:20 PM
He's a cutie! I will definitely be praying.

P.S. In all of Carmen's photos, she has been dressed in either yellow or blue. Nothing wrong with that, but when I show people her picture, I have to explain that no, she is is not a boy. I sent a package to her foster mother in Guatemala with pink clothes! :)

crl
08-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Prayers headed his and your way.

newmomto3kids
08-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I think it is funny that this picture bothers DH. I try to remind him that nobody thinks he picked out the shirt. I think it is just a reminder to him of how powerless we are in regards to him right now.
Any ideas on good things to send to him at the orphanage? Definitely some clothes, but any other ideas?
Thanks!!

newmomto3kids
08-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks!! Seeing your siggie reminds me that we won't always be waiting, someday he will be home.

newmomto3kids
08-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Good luck to you on your adoption, too!! Where are you adopting from?

newmomto3kids
08-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. Sometimes just letting my anxieties out into the open makes them feel less...scary. Sometimes this all feels so surreal (sort of like being pregnant did the first time) that I need a little pick me up from others.
You really made this momma feel a lot better. Thank you.

Melanie
08-31-2006, 12:09 AM
Have you gotten word on how he is doing now? I hope all is alright for him and his friends.

KBecks
08-31-2006, 07:03 AM
Prayers for your son and his friends. I'm interested in Haiti for a mission trip someday, maybe. I hope everything goes well for you.

crayonblue
08-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Our daughter is in foster care so I don't know how things work in orphanges, but we were told that the best things to send are:
1) clothes- practical clothes like pajames, not fancy stuff
2) a blanket we slept with for a week (your little guy is a bit older, so I don't know if this would make a difference or not when you bring him home).
3) a photo album of everyone in your family- close-up pictures are best and labeled with names. I bought one of those plastic baby books.
4) a tiny tape player and tape with your voices- maybe singing or telling a story. I think you can make a bear at Build a Bear that has a tape player inside.
5) disposable cameras with directions on how to take pictures- we included instructions asking the foster mother if she would take pictures of Carmen and the foster mother's family and anything else she thinks will be important to Carmen someday.

Hopefully someone will chime in who has experience with orphanages and what would be good to send!