PDA

View Full Version : I've been wait-listed for induction!

mariza
08-29-2006, 08:57 PM
I don't know why, but this strikes me as funny. I mean, if Thing 2 doesn't come out by 42 weeks and I haven't moved up on the wait list, what happens???
My due date was 8/24 and there are no openings for induction until 9/11 (and I would prefer my baby NOT have that for his B-day :( )

I need more labor vibes here girls!!!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1"
and soon to arrive "Thing 2"

ciaobella
08-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Sending labor vibes your way!!! I think it is time to pull out the list of old wives tales to get your labor going!!

Good luck!

mariza
08-29-2006, 09:07 PM
I have been walking, cleaning, playing like crazy with DD and eating spicy food. I may have to jump on DH tonight, but not really feeling the mood these days :(
Just can't bring myself to try Castor Oil either. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a pedicure and see if they can massage the baby out!
What else is there?

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1"

BaileyBea
08-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Hi Mariza... I was just thinking of you. Hang in there.

I would say try accupunture. We did accupressure before DS was born and it worked out well the contractions started a few hours later. You can try going on a long long hike. Using Evening Primrose Oil to soften the cervix. Taking long hot showers and having a one on one conversation with your DS to come out.

Saying a special prayer for you tonight. I hope labor starts soon.

buddyleebaby
08-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Eat eggplant parm, and snack on watermelon (room temp is best).

Come on baby!

(((((((LABOR)))))))(((((((LABOR)))))))(((((((LABOR )))))))

KrisM
08-29-2006, 09:34 PM
I managed to go into labor less than 24 hours before my scheduled induction at nearly 42 weeks. My must miss date was exactly 42 weeks and was 6-6-6!

Anyway, that day, I held a garage sale, mowed the lawn, walked around to other garage sales, and had a foot relflexology massage that concentrated on pressure points for uterine contractions. I also did 1/2 dose of Latia's castor oil recipe. I had also used EPO for a couple of days. I have no idea if any of these things helped or not, but I did go into labor that night!

Here's a link with suggestions from a lot of people when I was asking about this: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=37&topic_id=325902&mesg_id=&page=&mode=full

mariza
08-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Wow Kris, thanks for that link. I skimmed it briefly, but will be sure to read it more indepth tomorrow since I'm getting tired tonight.
I have my biophysical profile scheduled for Thursday morning, had my regular appointment with the CNM today. The baby seems to be in position and sounds great, just not in as much of a hurry to meet us as we are to meet him I guess!

Thanks again to everyone for all the suggestions and thoughts!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1"

Lovingliv
08-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Sending major vibes you way......
Hope it is quick and painless Mariza! Can't wait to hear your story!

megs4413
08-29-2006, 10:24 PM
i'm sending labor vibes! i hope things get going soon!

MarisaSF
08-29-2006, 10:47 PM
I just tried to send you an e-mail, but it kept bouncing back, so I gave up. :)

Sending labor vibes and hoping the little one appears soon (waaaaaaayyyy before 9/11)!!!

crAbbymom
08-29-2006, 11:10 PM
This worked for my sister and also a friend of mine (both way overdue)...use a breast pump! It stimulates the uterus, causing contractions. If you don't have a pump, plain ole nipple stimulation can help, too.

Milcah
Mom to 2 beautiful daughters (both born 5 weeks early, but healthy)

mariza
08-30-2006, 06:08 AM
I got email from a BBBer last week, so I'm not sure why it's not working now :(
I just sent you an email.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1"
and stubborn hopefully soon to arrive "Thing 2"

o_mom
08-30-2006, 07:08 AM
There must be something about this time of year. I was at the hospital yesterday for the nursing moms group and the lounges were closed to use as patient rooms!

dogmom
08-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Just because the earliest day for induction is 9/11 doesn't mean an appointment won't open up. After all, I had an induction date on a Wednesday and went into labor Saturday. So my slot was open. If your OB staff is on the ball they can check for dates that become available sooner. (That's how I got the induction date I had to beging with, originally I was scheduled for Friday.) Still, hope you go into labor on your own.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve 6/18/06

Puddy73
08-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Sending lots of labor vibes! I wish that I had some labor-inducing advice to offer, but I tried all the usual things (spicy food, etc.) to no avail.

I was in the same situation with DS because I delivered at a relatively small hospital that would only schedule 3 inductions per day, and none on the weekends. My OB said that if I really wanted to go sooner than my scheduled induction date, I could do a lot of walking to get some good contractions going, then show up at the hospital and ask them to check me. She said that they would probably go ahead and induce in that situation since I was already post-date. I decided to wait and try to go into labor on my own, but it's something to keep in mind if you really want to avoid 9/11.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

mariza
08-30-2006, 03:03 PM
I really don't think that they will wait till 9/11 (at least I hope not!) I'm sure someone will go into labor before me (if not me) and open up an earlier spot. I'm just being a bit of a drama queen right now because I'm tired.
I am patiently waiting for this guy, he moves around alot and we have been on the move all day. Dropped DD off at daycare, went to the bank, the cleaners, Bed Bath & Beyond to return a Lamp and Target just for the heck of it. Still no contractions.
At least I got a great deal on Sippy Cups! Pack of 2 gerbers for $2.98. I bought 4 even though I don't need any right now.

OK, now I'm off to pick up DD and bring the dog to the groomers :)

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1"
and stubborn hopefully soon to arrive "Thing 2"

lizajane
08-30-2006, 03:19 PM
what happens? i think you explode.

har har har... just kidding. i think you explode EMOTIONALLY!!!

dylan was 8 days late. i almost lost my mind. but it was ALMOST lost... so you CAN do it!

hang in there.

the raspberry leaf tea may have been the catalyst for me, if you want to try some delicious wives' tales instead of nasty castor oil!

Mommy Of A Little Angel
08-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Oh my goodness I feel so bad for you! I begged for my induction when I missed my due date and was able to get it scheduled for a week later. When I heard I would have to wait another week, I nearly cried right there in the hallway or my doctor's office! You are strong for keeping so positive! I am sending you labor vibes!!!!!

Good luck and I hope something - ANYTHING opens up before then! Or, that you go into labor soon!

HallsofVA
08-30-2006, 09:42 PM
I was wait listed with my son, and when I didn't hear anything I just kept calling my Dr. each day to see if anything had been scheduled. I ended up finding out at about 3pm on the day before that I was scheduled for 7am the next morning. My dad (an old Marine Colonel) once told me that if there's something you really need to happen, go in person, be very polite, but make a nuisance of yourself until it does.

Regarding ways to jump start things, one of the baby magazines had a blurb on this recently. They evaluated all of the various ways/wives tales as to effectiveness in bringing on labor. The number one most successful stimulus was nipple stimulation. Second most successful was S -E -X. The ones I tried (spicy food, walking) were rated ineffective and based on my results I'd agree.

Anyway, here's keeping fingers crossed for you that things work out the way you want them to.

Melanie
08-31-2006, 12:10 AM
Acupuncture!! It really works. My water had already broken but labor was going no where. I think I would still be pregnant were it not for the acupuncture. =)