PDA

View Full Version : What do you love most about your significant other?

candybomiller
08-30-2006, 01:36 PM
I've really been thinking lately about how I've been checked out of my marriage for a while, and have resolved to make my marriage my number 1 priority.

Some of the things I love about my husband:

he's incredibly patient.
he's a great father.
he's a good provider.
he listens to my wants and needs.
he's never given up on me.
he's still pretty darn sexy.
he's loving and kind.
he's taught me to be a better person.

Your turn.

jadamom
08-30-2006, 02:00 PM
He's kind, and always tries to see the good in others.
He's incredibly smart, yet humble.
He's patient, fair, and silly with the kids.

elliput
08-30-2006, 02:17 PM
He is honest.
He learns from his mistakes.
He thinks I am sexy.
He is smart and funny.
He knows how to make me feel safe.
He knows when *not* to talk to me. ;-)

buddyleebaby
08-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Not in order or complete, but here's my list. (It's hard to pick what you love the most!)

Hard worker. He always does his best at any job, no matter how menial. We have been together since we were teens, I have seen him work a lot of jobs, including as a minimum wage bagel baker, and he always works his butt off and goes above and beyond his job description.

Good Father. Although I sometimes wish he wouldn't play soccer with her IN the house, he loves dd to death and would do anything for her. It's awesome to see how happy he is just watching her. He also takes an active role in diaper changing, reading stories, rocking and bathing her, etc.

Perpetual Learner. He is the kind that watches educational shows/reads history and science books for fun, and enrolls in one school program as soon as he finishes another one. I think this is an admirable trait.

He's brave. Sometimes I hate that about him because I am NOT brave, and I just want him home with me where he is safe. However, that is a huge part of who he is, and so I guess deep down, I really do love it.

He cooks and cleans. How could you not like that?

Good Husband. He is warm and kind, and truly my best friend.

He looks good, and smells nice, especially his neck.

He, um, knows his way around. ; )

He has a good heart, and no matter how little we may have at the moment, he is willing to help others, be they friend or stranger.

Funny. He is really funny.

Good Dancer. Really, really good dancer. Too good for me, actually, and I'm pretty decent myself.

He makes beautiful babies, if I do say so myself.

Good singer, plays several instruments, athletic, bilingual.

babystuffbuff
08-30-2006, 02:23 PM
DH is so incredible with kids. All our nieces and nephews love him; he is so patient, explains everything so they can understand, and is always ready to play. I think he will make a much better parent that I will.

There are things about myself that really annoy me, and should annoy him, but they never do.

He writes wonderful things in cards.

Sometimes when I've screwed up, and I know I have, and HE knows that I know I have, he'll just leave it at that, and not say anything.

He's really, really cute. :)

Sarah

Auntie to my seven munchkins, and thinking about TTC a munchkin of our own :)

bostonsmama
08-30-2006, 02:52 PM
he's neat....no asking for socks to be picked up or dishes to be done
he's great w/ kids and animals, especially our dog
he's a hard worker (my honey-do list is empty b/c he does EVERYTHING!)
he kisses my tummy and prays for our baby every night

And my favorite story that makes me fall in love w/ him over and over is (& I can't remember if I've already shared, but) when we were up at the ART clinic for this procedure, I had just had my egg retrieval and we got the fertilization report. We were lying in bed as I talked about how I couldn't wait to get two of our 13 fertilized eggs back inside of me, and DH nodded his head. A moment of silence passed between us, and then he leaned over and went, "Psst!"
Me: "What, babe?"
Him: "Hey, you wanna go sneak into the lab and go take a look at our kids?"
I just melted. It is a 100% 180 degree turn around from how he was feeling a year and a half ago. As any couple knows who conceives after struggling w/ ttc, it is the most scary, beautiful and enlightening period of your life. What doesn't kill you makes you stonger.

Larissa
"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us--they help us learn to endure." Rom 5:3

Praying for my little bean to keep growing, edd may 2nd
Thank GOD! Our #s are doubling!!! Keep it up, baby!

Alice523
08-30-2006, 04:02 PM
He's an eternal optimist, which gets him/us into trouble sometimes because he can be unrealistic, but it's often a great quality. I love our conversations about our future - he's so confident and paints a lovely picture for me.

He's a hard worker. He loves to challenge himself.

He's competitive. I love this when he plays sports. I think it's cute!

He is fun to be around and up for anything.

He's a good father and husband.

When I met DH in college, my dad had just been diagnosed with stage four cancer after the discovery of a shoebox-sized tumor. It was very bad and they told him he had a few days to live. (He is now in remission after a pretty miraculous recovery.) I also had/have near daily migraines that often put me in the ER or at home on meds. I told DH about both of these things the night we met (he kept asking questions and I figured I had nothing to lose). I did not expect him to call me! I'm not sure that I would have embraced a relationship with someone who had that much going on. He has been patient through all of the dr visits, countless ER trips, and many ruined plans/bad days due to my migraines. He is a great man and has true strength.

megs4413
08-30-2006, 04:28 PM
he's gorgeous
he's my best friend
he's very affectionate
he's very funny
he's a wonderful provider
he's a dreamer
he's an optomist
he's really talented at his work and it makes me really proud
he thinks DD is the best thing EVER and tells her all the time
he's incredibly easy going
he's a Cardinal fan

lisams
08-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Just had to say that I noticed you updated your siggy with wonderful news!!! Grow baby, grow!!!!

mommyoftwo
08-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Larissa, what a beautiful story. Your husband sounds like an incredible guy. BTW, I'm thrilled that your numbers are doubling.

saschalicks
08-30-2006, 06:26 PM
He is an amazing father.
He does dishes.
He cooks.
He takes care of me when I need it most.
He is able to let things roll off his back, much better then I do.
He desires me and thinks I'm sexy no matter how much weight I've gained or how pregnant I am.
He tells me he loves all of the time.
He tells me I'm his best friend.
He can calm me down better then anyone else.
He is my partner.

Candy great thread. I know I'm the luckiest woman alive, but it's nice to see who runs a close second :P he! he!

kijip
08-30-2006, 06:30 PM
My husband is, for lack of a better word, amazing. He is exactly who I want to be with. Enough said.

maestramommy
08-30-2006, 06:56 PM
He always encourages me to figure out how to do things, and thinks it's awesome when I do (of the mechanical fixer upper type)
He's very dogged in rough times - like Dora's bottle rejection phase. Everything new we've tried with her he says has to be tried for at least 2 weeks-1 month.
He's rather studly, if I do say so myself :-D
He thinks I'm sexy and is still hot for me, even with all the weight gained, and watching me pump night after night.
He really gets into Dora now, and sometimes I think she has more fun with him than me!
He is really mechanically inclined, so very handy around the house.
He has incredible spiritual instincts and understanding
Great provider
Has never asked me once to iron his shirts. Still does it himself.
Still makes me breakfast, and lunch if I ask.
I could go on, but you get the idea.

Lovingliv
08-30-2006, 09:31 PM
What a great thread!

Oh there are so many things:

He loves himself
He loves me, with all of the "extra" me!
He is a wonderful, hands on father
When i was preggo with liv, i woke up one night to him talking and playing with my tummy
She kicked and he would push back!
He is sensitive, kind and caring
He is SO sexy...especially in his Tighty whiteys
He is SO sexy...especially in his white t-shirts and blue jeans
He is So sexy,,,,especially when he smiles
He really is my best friend
He loves my family
He loves his family
He is a wonderful provider
He is optimistic...almost to a fault
He cooks, cleans and loves

starrynight
08-30-2006, 10:39 PM
He is goofy, totally drives me nuts teasing me but I would miss it if it if he didn't

As someone else put it he knows his way around ;) LOL

He looks so dang good in his uniforms

he is honest, loyal and kind

even when my hair is a mess, I'm wearing pjs at 4 in the afternoon still and I could use a shower he tells me I'm beautiful (I think he needs his lasik redone hehe)

the smile on his face when I see him watching the kids playing

the way his eyes crinkle up when he laughs, it's so cute

he sometimes hates his job, busts his butt with long hours but doesn't complain much