PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if you had a whole day to yourself?

kelly ann
08-31-2006, 09:28 AM
I have tomorrow all to myself - no work and childcare is taken care of. What should I do?

Half of me feels like organizing/cleaning the entire house because it is getting out of control. I am in a "throw out" mood and there is plenty of stuff to dump and donate.

On the other hand, I feel like getting out of the house to see a movie or pamper myself. However, I am afraid I will just end up doing errands - oil change, returns, etc.

Or I could do a daytrip somewhere by myself, but that seems kind of lonely.

What would you do?

kboyle
08-31-2006, 09:34 AM
i'd probably walk around the mall in the morning, less people, more time to yourself, but you get to shop too!

eat a nice lunch, or try and meet up with someone for lunch, minus the kids!!

possibly go to the movies after lunch and or go home and read or take a nap, and then i'm sure that i'd start cleaning...it's hard not to!

that would be my plan of action!

s_gosney
08-31-2006, 09:35 AM
I would totally be in the same quandary. My house is in desperate need of attention, but the opportunity to relax is so rare. I'm not sure I would take a trip by myself unless I had someone I had to meet, but that's just me. I imagine I would probably try to split the need for practical and pampering and maybe spend the morning cleaning/organizing and then spend the afternoon relaxing, maybe reading a book or seeing a movie. I always say how I wish I had some free time, but then when it appears, it's so hard to figure out how to spend it.
Whatever you choose, enjoy!

crAbbymom
08-31-2006, 10:59 AM
I had a "mini-moment" like that a few weeks ago. The kids were at the sitter's house while I went to a Dr's appt. The appt was canceled and I didn't want to waste the use of the sitter. I ended up going to a restaurant that I had never tried. I HUGELY enjoyed sitting QUIETLY (no fussing kids) and reading a book while I ate. I went at a weird time (2:30 or 3 pm)so the place was pretty empty. I really felt refreshed by the time I went to get the kids.

Now, if I were you and had a WHOLE day...WOW! I would take advantage of the cleaning bug for half the day, but get out and enjoy the other half of the day. Find some movie you've been dying to see and you're less likely to end up doing the errands.

Just my 2 cents!

Milcah

kristenk
08-31-2006, 10:59 AM
Why don't you do organizing/cleaning in the morning and then go out to lunch followed by a movie? You can sort of mentally divide the day in half and you get to do two things you'd like to do!

P.S. Errands are NOT allowed tomorrow! :)

candybomiller
08-31-2006, 11:03 AM
I'll be the voice of dissent.

Pamper yourself in the morning, then, if it's as good as it should be, continue to pamper yourself in the afternoon. You deserve it. Heck, we ALL deserve it. So go ahead, and do it for the team. You can come back and tell us all about it. :)

mom to little e
08-31-2006, 02:10 PM
I'll come with you!! (LOL! - just kidding!)

I know what you mean about feeling like you should organize or clean or run errands - DON'T! Do something fun just for you!! A fun movie with lunch or pampering would be great.

I personally would spend the whole day scrapping! (totally into it but NEVER have the time!)

Have fun! :)
Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

Lovingliv
08-31-2006, 08:21 PM
I would probably......sleep :)

jadamom
08-31-2006, 08:41 PM
I would sleep in, go to a yoga class, get my hair, face, or nails done, go shopping, eat out, and read a book or watch a movie!

writermama
08-31-2006, 08:54 PM
I say definitely take the day as a "you" day -- no errands or housework allowed. I'd probably stay in the house and enjoy the quiet. Read a book, watch a video or some programs I've recorded but can't watch with DD demanding Blues Clues anytime the TV is on ... and take a nap. Definitely take a nap.

Judegirl
08-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Oh, how lovely! Thanks for asking us to daydream about this...

I would sleep until about 3pm.

Then I would have a breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast and a mimosa. Maybe a couple of mimosas.

Then I would go back to bed and probably do what my dh and I call "spank it."

Then I would take a long bubble bath, probably with another mimosa.

Then I would go back to sleep.

Somewhere in there, I might put on the tv for awhile, just for giggles.

Honest to goodness, I think that's what I could do if I could afford a day to do it...

Enjoy!

Jude