PDA

View Full Version : OT - Lip balm?? what's your favorite

MrsZaz
08-31-2006, 12:22 PM
I was reading the post about flying/flight restrictions and several people mentioned they couldn't live without their lip balm? Am I missing something? If I use it two or three times a week that would be a lot. Maybe I don't have the right kind. I like to shop....ladies, tell me your favorites!

Colleen Z.

sidmand
08-31-2006, 12:32 PM
My lips are dry all the time so I couldn't live without it for that reason (I probably use it at least 10 times a day!). Not because I love the lip balm (although I do like it). For the last few years I've just used Aquaphor. Used to be Eucerin, but Aquaphor is clear. And although I have a hard time finding it, sometimes I find little lip balm like tubes of it.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

DebbieJ
08-31-2006, 12:44 PM
Burt's Bees

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

elliput
08-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Love Burt's Bees, too. I used to be a Carmex junkie until introduced to Burt's Bees. I also like Blistex Lip Medex for winter time.

murpheyblue
08-31-2006, 12:59 PM
A pot of pure shea butter - I like L'Occitane.

crayonblue
08-31-2006, 01:30 PM
My MIL puts lip balm in our stockings each year. Then, everyone gives me theirs so I have probably 50 tubes of Avon lip balm! But, I use lip balm several times per day every day and I CANNOT go to sleep without it. I actually like the Avon stuff. It's cheap and they have yummy flavors.

hudsonam
08-31-2006, 01:34 PM
Definitely Blistex Daily Conditioning Treatment, or DCT, in the peach pot. I had Kiehl's, and it made my lips very soft if I didn't have chapped lips, but it did nothing for them when they were chapped. The DCT makes them feel so much better.

kboyle
08-31-2006, 01:54 PM
i'm a big Chapstick brand fan, esp the orig black tube and the blue LipMoisturizing. oh, and chapstick medicated is a MUST for winter, i love the smell of it...i know, i gross!

anyway, there was a 5 pg thread on this topic on TBW over the winter and one site that was recommeded was http://www.lipmedic.com/ for newbies to lip balm lovers, this site has everything that you could possibly want to try, every flavor, any strange name or brand...it's pretty neat :)

i also love lip smackers grap & orange crush. lip smackers helped potty train charlie. he's a big chapstick addict too and would apply gobs of it if i didn't stop him so instead of candy or other bribes while pt'ing i told him he could have a slick of chapstick and bought him his own fun flavors.

i'm allergic to the red dye in red chapstick, so cherry/strawberry and my FAVE till this allergy, Lipsmackers dr pepper, are OUT!

Pennylane
08-31-2006, 02:18 PM
Rosebud Salve, I'm addicted to it!

Ann

tny915
08-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Another vote for Burt's Bees. A friend of mine swears by Keihl's but I wasn't impressed. DH uses Blistex religiously, I think the dark green tube.

tny915
08-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Another vote for Burt's Bees. A friend of mine swears by Keihl's but I wasn't impressed. DH uses Blistex religiously, I think the dark green tube.

jhrabosk
08-31-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm a huge Kiehl's addict. Don't keep it in my purse (just whatever MIL put in our stockings last year), but I have one in my desk at work, one in my bathroom, and one in my nightstand. I went out and bought a small one just to have at the hospital when DD was born!

jhrabosk
08-31-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm a huge Kiehl's addict. Don't keep it in my purse (just whatever MIL put in our stockings last year), but I have one in my desk at work, one in my bathroom, and one in my nightstand. I went out and bought a small one just to have at the hospital when DD was born!

hillview
08-31-2006, 03:33 PM
Kiehl's or vaseline (tub next to bed -- not used for anything dirty so keep your mind out of the gutter! :)
/hillary

jesseandgrace
08-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Labello or aquaphor

katiesmommy
08-31-2006, 03:42 PM
I also use Burts Bees, the original kind. I have dry lips a lot, and it drives me crazy to not have something on them.

saschalicks
08-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Burt's Bees Wax (the stick) also have great tinted ones
and
Smith's Rosebud Salve

kozachka
08-31-2006, 04:18 PM
I am not a big lip balm fan, use it in winter before going out if it's cold outside and on an airplane. If you are on a plane for a long time, think transatlantic flight, you are very likely to end up with dry lips as the air on airplanes is extremely dry.

newmomto3kids
08-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Love Blistex Lip Medex, can't live without it. Seriously. I have withdrawl if I can't find it.

beckyr88
08-31-2006, 04:24 PM
Trader Joe's mint chap stick! It comes in a pack of 3 and we love it.

maestramommy
08-31-2006, 04:31 PM
I actually don't use mine that often, although I should. My lips are always getting dry. My SIL turned me onto Burts Bees. I have both the regular and the sport version. The peppermint feel is pretty cool!

jillc
08-31-2006, 04:43 PM
I love Terressetials Organic White Chocolate Lip Protector.

It does a great job, smells/tastes great (not that I'm trying to taste it), and it doesn't have a lot of yucky chemicals in it.

It's made with Certified organic cocoa butter, certified organic beeswax, certified organic vanilla bean extract, certified organic coconut oil.

I buy it online.

candybomiller
08-31-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm addicted to the Body Shop's cocoa butter chapstick and their shea butter lip balm. They are both fantastic.

I can't stand Burt's Bees lip products. I know I'm in the minority, but the products dry out my lips soooo bad.

cdlamis
08-31-2006, 05:18 PM
Burts Bees! I have about 4 tubes all around the house, next to my bed and in my car. I cannot live without this stuff. I tried switching to a Bath and Body Works brand and it made my lips dry.

If you don't like the minty smell, Burts Bees also makes a new Honey version- it feels thicker but works just as great.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6/02
and Bella 12/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

fauve01
08-31-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm the OP on the travel thread who is stressing about whether they'll confiscate my lip stuff, LOL!! i'm a Carmex girl; I prefer it in the pot, but i have tubes for my pocket. I like the thicker consistency in the pot for some reason. i try to branch out and use nice lip gloss with a tint, but always go back to carmex. It was such a good day when i discovered they carry it at Costco!! I have it strategically placed all over my house-- near my bed, in the diaper bag, etc. i just can't stand for my lips to be dry! i read somewhere that the more you use the more you need/want it. funny, eh?

I just discovered Shea butter (i have the Mistral brand, big and pocket sized "pots"), and I LOVE it on my superdry cuticles/hands/heels. i will use the shea butter on my lips if my carmex is far away.

i have used all kinds of lip stuff in the past-- blistex, bonnie bell, chap stick, labello, burt bees, philosophy, etc.-- and still have a lot of these brands and will use them in a pinch.

HTH!

Anne + DD 10-03

hudsonam
09-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I just ordered Chicken Poop (I'm as shocked as you), Ganache for Lips in Chocolate Raspberry, and an organic one in a mandarin orange flavor/scent. Like I really need that many lip balms! This board is bad for my wallet. ;)

June Mommy
09-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Burt's Bees in the tube. I must have it within reach at all times! Bathroom, computer desk, diaper bag, purse, etc. I cannot stand the feel of bare lips.

MrsZaz
09-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the replies. I am really behind the times here. I defnitely need to get out more. Who would of thought there were some many lip balm aholics (and I mean that in a nice way). Thanks for all of the info.

Colleen

aliceinwonderland
09-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Labello.

bubbaray
09-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Alba Coconut Cream and Labello Hydro Care.

http://www.albabotanica.com/?title=Lip+Care

http://www.kissfix.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=lb-hr&Category_Code=LBLO&Product_Count=2 -- that site shows the old packaging -- the new Hydrocare is in a light blue tube.

I find Burts Bees too drying.

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

http://bd.lilypie.com/fYrCm7.png

SpaceGal
09-01-2006, 09:58 PM
I like SoftLips which isn't as waxy as Chapstick or blistex.

wencit
09-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Goodness, I didn't know there were so many fellow addicts on the board. I'm cheap, so I'm a straight up Chapstick girl, but you ladies are tempting me to branch out and try different kinds. I can not be without my Chapstick at all times. Prior to going into labor, the one item I was afraid I'd forget to bring was my precious Chapstick.

I also read somewhere that these lip balms contain some kind of ingredient that dries your lips out so that you're forced to buy more, creating a vicious cycle. I think I can believe that. I've tried to wean myself off of Chapstick several times, both gradually and cold turkey, and have been unsuccessful. I swear, they should have a 12-step program for Lip Balmoholics Anonymous!