PDA

View Full Version : What do you love about being a mom?

millerpjm
09-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Sound off! Why did we get ourselves into the feeding/diapering/burping/cleaning up spit-up/tantrum breaking game in the first place?

What do you LOVE about being Mom to your DC???

I love:

holding hands while walking down the street
making "boo-boos" better with a kiss and wiping away the tears
blowing bubbles in the summer
going to the park and the zoo
watching DS sleep

I know there's more...but let's see what you think!

Jen

HallsofVA
09-01-2006, 03:16 PM
I love:

the way my son's face lights up when he sees me in the morning or at the end of the day when I pick him up from school or come home from work.

the times when only "Mommy" can make something right.

getting a hug and having a tiny little hand pat my back while he's hugging.

having a little person fall asleep on me, knowing that they were comfortable and secure enough to do so.

watching my toddler read us books or sing us songs.

watching him grow from a chubby baby into a little man.

There are so many more....

I also loved, (once hated when it was every hour), but now miss, the closeness brought on by breastfeeding, especially in the morning or evening before bed.

janeybwild
09-01-2006, 03:22 PM
The feeling I get watching the kiddos play together and seeing Megan helping Dana to find a place to hide so that she can then turn around and "find" her

The way they light up when I come home

When Megan thanks me for playing so nicely :)

I coould go on and on....thanks for making me think about it

Jenn98
09-01-2006, 04:27 PM
It's the connection we have. We are really close (as close as you can get to a 13 month old!). But really, that's it. We have this connection and this bond and we are buddies. She's my little pal and I love the way she makes me laugh. I love spending time with her and figuring out who she is. I love the way she turns to me and the way she needs me. It sounds so self-centered to say it like that, and it's not exactly how I mean it, but it's true. I love the way I am her mom - no one compares to me. I love the way she looks at me. Like I said, it's the connection between us. She's my baby.

jadamom
09-01-2006, 05:30 PM
I love excited faces, giggles, hugs, and kisses. I especially love to see them learn something new. The first time DD read her first word, I wanted to cry.

buddyleebaby
09-01-2006, 05:31 PM
I love my daughter. Just, everything.

sidmand
09-01-2006, 10:18 PM
I love...

his big goofy smiles!

his big belly and how DH can make him laugh...

how he stares at me when I'm trying to calm him down by singing or "reading"

how he sucks his thumb and takes his stuffed puppy as soon as you walk in his room for bedtime

just being a Mom! I didn't realize how much I would enjoy it, but it's just a very cool thing in general

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

madelinesmom
09-01-2006, 10:39 PM
I love the connection I feel with them both - a connection I haven't felt since my mother died. I think it is a connection that can only be felt between mothers and their children.

Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

maestramommy
09-02-2006, 12:44 PM
I love:
bumping/rubbing heads with dd
wearing her on my back for a walk everyday.
Watching her reach all her milestones one at a time