PDA

View Full Version : Any reccs for a car DVD (2 screen) system?

firsttimemommy
09-02-2006, 05:40 PM
My DS is 2 and DD 3 so I don't think handheld portable dvd's are a good idea just yet :) So I was researching the seat mounted ones (just strap on) and it seems they all have bad reviews! No remote control, no battery, 2nd screen/monitor is low quality.....help! Does anyone have one of these that they love?

Thanks!
Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."

mattysmom
09-03-2006, 09:15 AM
We got one a couple of months ago and have used it a few times so far... It's the Polaroid one they have at Circuit City. I think it cost around $200. The screens are a little awkward to attach to the back of our seats (Volvo), but besides that, everything else seems to work well. Has a remote, separate battery (if we want to use it on the plane) and 2nd screen seems fine. Our boys are 3 and 1 so they don't use the remote (yet).

HTH!

Twins2000
09-03-2006, 11:14 AM
We have the RCA Dual Screen Car Solution With Games. Our 6 year old twin daughters love it! It comes with two 7" screens, headrest attachments, a/v cables, cigarette adapter, ac/dc adapter and carrying case. Since your kids are a bit young, you wouldn't need the games yet, but later on you might like that while one watches a movie, the other can play games. The only thing it doesn't have is a remote, but, that isn't a big problem for us since our girls are old enough to work it by themselves (for the most part). Oh, and it doesn't have a battery either, but we got this strictly for long car trips, so we didn't need a battery.

Also, my cousin got one as a gift from Walmart which comes with two screens, remote, and can play two different dvds at the same time. She loves it!

Good luck!

Leslie

LD92599
09-06-2006, 08:14 PM
We've been using the dual screen set by Insignia for Best Buy. Love them! Great quality (DH is really into the quality aspect) and awesome sound.

Laura
Will is three...and doesn't sleep :-(

[img]http://b4.lilypie.com/vEOmm4.png

Use a Mac? Interested in learning more about them? Join us!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-MacUsers/