PDA

View Full Version : Maytag Ice2O Fridge

ajrivers
09-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi everyone.

We are gutting our kitchen and have to pick out appliances this weekend. My husband and I both really like the Maytag Ice20, but it is new on the market so that worries me a bit. Anyone have any good or bad things to say about it. We definitely want a bottom freezer and this is the ONLY one that has water/ice on the door which we also use ALOT.

Thanks so much for your help!! Amy

alleyoop
09-02-2006, 08:35 PM
I looked at this one when I was shopping for a fridge a couple weeks ago. Looked nice, but the salesman told me to make sure that when it was installed that the people adjust the doors until they close on thier own. He said that if it isn't installed correctly the doors will not "suck in" to close properly. I can believe it as I saw SOOOO many of those types of fridges with the doors adjar when I was shopping.

There is a new LG model, with the three doors and water and ice in the door just like the Ice20. It looked very nice also. I only saw it IRL at Home Depot.

Good luck with your choice!

ajrivers
09-02-2006, 09:16 PM
OK...love the LG!!! Thanks so much. One of the things I didn't like about the Ice2) is that the icemaker took up fridge space and this seems to be built into the door. I'm going to go check it out this weekend. Thanks.