PDA

View Full Version : For those that use a PDA

MMEand1
09-26-2006, 07:14 AM
I am looking for a PDA since I got this new job and need to be more organized. I used a Palm Vx several (several) years ago and then bought an iPaq. I hated the iPaq! It was so hard to use (windows based) and I quickly lost interest in it. I am looking at buying another Palm and have found that there are several models to choose from. I am really looking at the Palm Tx, but would love to hear what those that use PDA's really think about what they have and how user friendly it is.
Thanks,
Mariah P.

kboyle
09-26-2006, 10:09 AM
i have a palm treo 650 smartphone thru cingular and LOVE it, i think i may stop breathing if this thing ever gets lost or broken! i had the ipaq smartphone first and returned it in 2 days, i hated the windows software. the palm software is SOOO user friendly. i'm just starting to get into other features of my phone like video capability & songs. i don't use the internet on it since i'm home during the day, but i've been on it and it works well and isn't too slow.

tny915
09-26-2006, 12:29 PM
I have a Palm Tungsten T2 from about 3 years ago. It's long been discontinued and I haven't kept up with the new models that are out there now, so can't recommend any for you in particular, but I do love my Palm. I have a lot of programs on it, but only really use it for the basics: address book, calendar, and notebook. It's very user-friendly. I got it when I first returned to work, and I used it to store photos of DD that I would look at while pumping. It has a voice memo feature and I recorded DD's babbles as well. MP3 player proves handy every once in a while.

I'm not very techy, so I didn't even consider any sort of pocket PC PDA like the Ipaq. In my mind it was too business-oriented, designed for running fancy programs and working on spreadsheets and such. All I really needed was a electronic planner. If this Palm were to go kaput, I'd definitely get another Palm.