PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Home Improvement - Lumber Liquidator (Hardwood Floor)

ChefGirl
09-26-2006, 11:01 AM
We are looking to re-do my parents' dining room floor. It has carpet right now with no sub-floor. It's just concrete underneath. With the kids eating there, it potentially is a disaster area with a dirty carpet. The room is maybe about 14 x 14 in size. I'm looking to have hardwood or laminent done in there. I'm hoping to have it done before Thanksgiving.

Does anyone have any experience with Lumber Liquidator? Any experience in putting down a hardwood floor. I called LL and they told me that I can still do hardwood even I don't currently have a sub-floor. It just depends on what material we use and how we install it.

I was hoping to get some opinions from all of you seasoned home improvement gurus out there.

Thanks in advance.

mamicka
09-26-2006, 11:08 AM
I don't know anything about subfloor & can't offer any DIY advice, but we've used LL before & been *so* happy with the results. We actually just bought prefinished maple flooring & DH installed it himself, but this was on 2nd floor, not over concrete. LL has always been great to deal with & very helpful to DH who had a lot of questions beforehand.

Allison