PDA

View Full Version : Creative Ideas for Holiday Gifts under $5 for Preschoolers Needed!

wdland45
09-26-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm chairing the holiday committee at my 2DS's preschool. Each year, the students receive a gift from the school, somewhere in the $5 range. I'd love for it to be something useful, creative or educational (as opposed to just another toy). In the past they have received books, knock off Magna Doodle things, personalized step stools and crayola back packs, to name a few.

Also any suggestions on how to get the best price would be great. We are a non profit school and I am on a budget, so getting the most bang for the school's buck is important.

Thanks so much for your help.

newnana
09-29-2006, 08:15 AM
How about a project? I saw in the bargains alert that LNT has large pre-assembled, ready to decorate (comes with decorations) ginger bread houses for $1.

They also mentioned 2 coupons,although it sounded like you could only use one. One was for free shipping on orders over $25, the other was for 10% off or something like that.

Just a thought,
Michelle

SnuggleBuggles
09-29-2006, 09:20 AM
On the lines of a project I did this as my ds' party favor this year (4yo), he had a Pirate themed party:
at Michael's they have little wooden boxes for $1
I then bought a pack of glitter glue sticks, a set of little acrylic (I think) paints, and 2 boxes of glue on gems.
Each kid got 3 paints, one glitter glue stick and a handful of gems.

It worked out to less than $5/kid. :)

Beth