PDA

View Full Version : Perfume: What kind do you wear, and does your hubby like it?

hudsonam
09-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Do you buy your perfume for yourself, or DH? Unless of course, you both like it, which is great. :)

I wear Clinique Happy, which we both like, but I've been wanting something new. I like Michael by Michael Kors, but he doesn't, and I like Burberry Brit, which I really want for winter, but I'm betting he isn't going to like it.

What do you wear? :)

Piglet
09-26-2006, 03:24 PM
I had posted a similar question this summer because I was looking for a summer perfume. I got great suggestions but didn't buy anything in the end. Now I am sitting here with perfume samples galore on my desk because I am undecided and summer is over, LOL.

Just today I went to the mall at lunch and found a new one that I like - Versace Bright Crystal. It has nice pomegranate notes (a bit like citrus or fig or whatever you want to call it).

I also really like Jo Malone, but the price is pretty steep and I can't decide between 2 of them :(

I buy my perfume and DH's cologne. I am equally stumped on what to buy for DH - he has been wearing Clinique Happy for Men for years now and while it smells familiar, I want to try something new. The problem right now is that I am easily naseauted by so many scents that I can't think straight!

crl
09-26-2006, 03:44 PM
I wear Mitsouko by Guerlain. It's unusual and smells very different on the friend I was shopping with when I found it. DH and I both really like it and he keeps me supplied now.

southern_kali_gurl
09-26-2006, 03:59 PM
I wear Ralph by Ralph Lauren. People always ask what it is when I wear it. My husband brought it for me for my birthday so it's safe to say that he likes it. :)

-A
Mommy to two wonderful boys!
AJ 08.03
C 05.06

MayB
09-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Pink sugar by Aquolina

heidiann
09-26-2006, 06:28 PM
I love coco chanel but my dh hates it. It is a very strong scent. So needless to say i stick with Eternity which we both like.
There was a dr. in the O.R. where I used to work and she wore a perfume that I loved, I have no idea what it was and she moved out of the state but it almost smelled like a cigar, yeah i know it sounds like it would smell awful but thats the only way i can describe it and i sooooo wished i knew what it was. I did ask her one time and i swear she said it was by a french maker but who knows. If I could find out what that perfume was i'd buy a gallon of it and wouldn't care if he liked it or not i'd still wear it.

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

kozachka
09-27-2006, 03:54 AM
Right now I am wearing Amarige by Givenchy. Since it was a gift from DH years ago, DH must like it. I also regularly use (and has had for over 10 years, ouch, that makes me old) Rive Gauche by YSL and DH likes it as well. I looove Michael by Michael Kors but DH is not crazy about it as he thinks it's too strong. It's in storage in the States right now, but I used to wear it for evening functions.

DH uses Ck One Calvin Klein and Gio by Giorgio Armani that we picked together, OK I suggested them and he approved. For years he's been wearing Kuros by YSL. I like the smell but not the story behind how he started wearing it ;), so had to introduce DH to new smells.

Have fun picking a new fragnance for fall and winter. I have moratorium on buying any for myself until I use at least some of what I've already got due to years of DH picking parfume gifts from duty free for me while he travelled.

pampamz
09-27-2006, 06:34 AM
DH recently bought me Vera Wang "Princess" and we both really like it. It is not a strong smell, kind of powdery/vanilla/sugary with just a small touch of something floral (sorry, I'm no good at describing scents!).

JBaxter
09-27-2006, 06:49 AM
Actually DH buys my perfumes! He travels to europe several times a year and the past 2 trips I have gotten really nice ones. On is Prada and the other is french and I dont know the name. I wear the prada alot.

oliviasmomma
09-27-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm kind of sensitive to most perfumes, and so is DH, but the one we both like is the Vanilla perfume from the Body Shop--nothing fancy, but it smells so good!

oliviasmomma
09-27-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm kind of sensitive to most perfumes, and so is DH, but the one we both like is the Vanilla perfume from the Body Shop--nothing fancy, but it smells so good!

ljackson
09-27-2006, 08:15 AM
I wear CK One as I'm not really into the super-girly smells. I'd say DH likes it as he uses it too!

Lindsay

ljackson
09-27-2006, 08:15 AM
I wear CK One as I'm not really into the super-girly smells. I'd say DH likes it as he uses it too!

Lindsay

The Review Mommy
09-27-2006, 10:58 AM
We both like Divine by Victoria Secret:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=XE-197061&page=2&cgname=OSFRGWOMZZZ&rfnbr=2543&pn=false

Rebekah

The Review Mommy
09-27-2006, 10:58 AM
We both like Divine by Victoria Secret:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=XE-197061&page=2&cgname=OSFRGWOMZZZ&rfnbr=2543&pn=false

Rebekah

murpheyblue
09-27-2006, 12:11 PM
I usually wear Romance by Ralph Lauren. I have samples of Memoirs of a Geisha by Fresh and Trish McEvoy's Blackberry and Vanilla and really like both. I think I'm going to buy a bottle of the Trish McEvoy one.

murpheyblue
09-27-2006, 12:11 PM
I usually wear Romance by Ralph Lauren. I have samples of Memoirs of a Geisha by Fresh and Trish McEvoy's Blackberry and Vanilla and really like both. I think I'm going to buy a bottle of the Trish McEvoy one.